cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous swype beta user, deleted swype install, download again?

Journeyman

Previous swype beta user, deleted swype install, download again?

I uninstalled the ota swype from the latest sprint update, thinking I wouldn't need it because I've been using beta and it works just fine. That was a huge mistake. Forceclose over and over. So I decided to remove swype entirely thinking I could download the beta again with no problem. It said something about your device includes it with the ota update. Been there, done that and That's why I am here. How can I download Swype again.of Sprint HTC update says I have the latest version? I can't install the HTC update again and that seems to be the only way to get Swype back on my pjone.  I'm not the only one that this has happened too.

Message was edited by: RAIDER3BRAVO

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Previous swype beta user, deleted swype install, download again?

You did not/cannot un-install the OTA version of Swype as it is built into the ROM, Un-install both Swype(Beta) and the Swype Installer, Reboot your phone, Open up a typeable area and long hold in it, A menu will pop up "Input Method>Swype" The option to select it from the Menu>Settings>Language & Keyboard has been removed.

Journeyman

I had a similar issue (uninstalled after the OTA because of force close issues), then it seemed gone.  Thanks Levi, all is well now!!  Just uninstall the installer and reboot, change input method and bam, good to go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Levi, this solved my issue too!

Journeyman

OMG thank you sooooooo much for your instructions. I been trying to figure this out on my own for days and i just could not. I followed exactly what you said to do and it worked whoo hoo now i can finally swype!!  Again thanks user Levi4U

Message was edited by: BAZANJ1921

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat