cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with GPS on/off Symbol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anyone else having this problem?  When I turn on GPS, the GPS symbol at the top of the screen does not change to indicate the GPS is on.  However, if I turn GPS off and then back on, the symbol does update correctly.  Same thing happens when I turn the GPS off again - I have to turn it back on and off in order for the symbol to update.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

+1 happens to me also since gingerbread

Highlighted
Journeyman

Happens to me as well since i got the update..

Highlighted
GrandMaster

ditto. even after shutting it off and on a couple times it will work for a while. but then goes back to not turning off and on without doing it multiple times.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So, there are a few of us having this problem.  Anyone from Sprint know how to fix it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had to perform a hard reset on my phone to try to fix another problem I was having.  After the reset I updated my PRL and profile.  The problem has now gone away.  Maybe try updating your profile to see if that fixes it before going to the extreme measure of a hard reset.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat