cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HTC Sync?

Journeyman

Problems with HTC Sync?

I have installed the HTC Sync (v. 2.0.31) application on my Windows XP (Now SP3) desktop computer to sync Outlook's calendar to the EVO's calendar (no need for contacts). Two issues have arisen:

1) Despite setting the PC settings to exclusively roll Outlook's schedule to the EVO immediately after installing it before performing the first Sync a couple of meetings are basically duplicated back in Outlook (But with none of the other attendees listed). This does not happen on subsequent sync's (unless I remove and reinstall; see point 2) following).

2) I can't seem to go more than a few days when synch gets corrupted; it fails, either hanging or with an error; the EVO sync app gets frozen, but recoverable. I have found the only way to get it working is to uninstall and then reinstall on the desktop.

3) Minor nit: The uninstall dialog boxes are showing characters not supported by my installation (English, which is what I selected during intallation).

Has anyone seen this problem? Is there a solution or something else for me to look at?

Incidentally, HTC's site for this application does not have a selection of the EVO 4G, kind of strange for such a flagship product.

Thanks,

-Matt

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Problems with HTC Sync?

Try this one.

The version of HTC Sync that comes with the phone is already outdated.

Journeyman

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded and installed the version to which you pointed. I note that the duplicated events in Outlook still occured; I will continue to test to see if this verion is more stable the the original

-Matt

Journeyman

Update,

The updated version just failed in the same way. Failure indicated on both the PC and EVO and PC's Outlook calendar data corrupted.

This software system is buggy, and I'm removing it for the indefinite future. Perhaps I'll just have to kluge with csv export/import to Gmail calendar.

Thanks for your response nonetheless.

-Matt

Journeyman

I uninstalled HTC sync and now sync with Google calendar, which in turn syncs with Outlook. The advantage is that I can add an event to any one of the three calendars and it will be added to the other two. My wife, on the other hand, does it through her Outlook VPN work connection (which I don't have). HTH

Mike

Journeyman

Yeah, i use Google Calendar Sync now also.  I used it for a little bit, then upgraded to Office 2010, which Google Calendar Sync didn't support at that time.  Google recently updated it to support Outlook 2010 so now i have it back.  It is really nice to access or change my calendar from anywhere.  Now i just wish there was a similar straightforward solution for contacts and tasks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat