cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a Bad ESN Number

Journeyman

Question about a Bad ESN Number

okay i have a question

i recently bought a Sprint Evo 4g off ebay. i have always bought stuff off of ebay so getting a new phone seemed easy. the purchase was for $395 and the seller said that everything was good all i needed was a charger. i was thinking no big deal my friend as and Evo and used my old Lg charger. So i recently get my phone and go online to switch phones. to make a long story short i find out that it's a stolen phone. and when i go to find the seller and ask for my money back he is no where to be found. not only am i out of money but all i have is a big brick phone. i was wonder would anyone think that a associate at sprint be able to let me still use the phone?

2 REPLIES
Master

Re: Question about a Bad ESN Number

Nope, It will never be able to be activated. You can file a complaint with ebay/paypal http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

You can also file with your credit card company if you use one to make your purchase.

Journeyman

Re: Question about a Bad ESN Number

Ebay and paypal will protect you in cases like this, if you report it within a certain period of time.  And you can give that seller a bad rating on ebay.  I'm sure they don't care unless they have built up enough reviews.  But ebay will block that seller from using the site again.  They won't be able to use it unless they use a different credit card, address, and name (I guess).  Stolen phones can be "flashed" or "jailbroken" and used on carriers like Boost or Cricket, and others I'm sure.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.