cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickly turn off ring tone and set your HTC EVO 4G to vibrate or silent

Highlighted
Journeyman

Quickly turn off ring tone and set your HTC EVO 4G to vibrate or silent

Is there a quick, easy way to turn off the ringer when the phone is in your pocket? On my old phones I could just push the buttons on the outside and it would silence the ringer.

Message was edited by: DOYLECOONS1

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Quickly turn off ring tone and set your HTC EVO 4G to vibrate or silent

Hold down the "volume down" button until volume is down to zero.  At that point, the phone will vibrate when a call comes in and notification sounds will be silenced.  Bump up the volume one step and the phone will be completely silent for rings and notifications.

Journeyman

I believe the original poster is asking if there is a quick way to silence the ringer during an incoming call.  (well, maybe not)

There are plenty of times when my phone rings, and I want to quiet the ringer without having to go through the process of taking it ou my pocket.

To answer, just press the top button on the phone (that turns off/on display).  It will automatically mute the ringer.

Message was edited by: ville.orantie

Message was edited by: ville.orantie

Journeyman

I've discovered that even hitting the volume buttons when the call is ringing will silence the ringer.

I also use the hold the volume down button to turn it off (vibrate) for all sounds.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat