Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio Interface Resource Shortage HTC EVO

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Radio Interface Resource Shortage HTC EVO

Can anyone help me with this? I was able to use my phone a few hours ago and all of a sudden I noticed I had no bars for about 5 minutes. now my bars are back but I am un able to send / receive txts as well as make or receive any calls. I get an error saying "Radio Interface ResourceShortage" and for calls I get "Network busy" even though I am able to make the same call off a land line phone. I chaecked online to see if any antennas were down, but none are... What now?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Radio Interface Resource Shortage HTC EVO

I checked your zip code and there are 2  reported  cell site outages, engineers have been notified and are working to restore the service ASAP.

Single Cellsite NEB TICKET  9187725  ETR - 06/28/2012 07:36:40 CST

Single Cellsite NEB TICKET  9236228  ETR - 06/28/2012 06:52:43 CST

Abe

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Master

I apologize for the issue.  Can I have your zip code please so that I can check if there is any outage going on at your location?"Network busy" error is related to network outage or capacity issue on the tower. Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Master

I checked your zip code and there are 2  reported  cell site outages, engineers have been notified and are working to restore the service ASAP.

Single Cellsite NEB TICKET  9187725  ETR - 06/28/2012 07:36:40 CST

Single Cellsite NEB TICKET  9236228  ETR - 06/28/2012 06:52:43 CST

Abe

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much for your help! I was about to chunk my phone in the trash jk. But THANK YOU!!!

Highlighted
Master

I can understand this is frustrating for you and we are aware of this issue. I can assure you we are working to not only fix it, but improve your overall customer experience in the area.

Have a nice day

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ugh!!, this is annoying and its only with Sprint. I called to see if they can help me but they can't give me one answer why..... Once my contract is over im leaving sprint, its wack! 90723

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seriously this shit been going on for hours now . I don't care what excuses Sprint has but they should be responsible to fix this ASAP. I PAY 92 a month for this crappy service? If I couldve I would cancel my service with them right now. Nothing but problems with Sprint. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got off the phone with customer care since this issue has been going on since 8am! They let me know that it will not get fixed till the 29th!!! I'm now LIVID!!! I have a child who is staying with his father and this was the only means of communication I have with him until he comes home from the summer... If they only were in mine and my sons situation maybe they would understand the urgency to speak with him everyday! I then asked if the accounts that this is affecting would be credited due to this HUGE inconvenience and they said "sure if you call back when the issue is resolved they can give you some sort of compensation" which to me sounds like "give them time to pretend they have no clue what you are talking about..." that has happen to me before! I am very disappointed and that is because I was a loyal employee of Sprint for many years!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I c.. its really sad to hear that but I think Sprint doesn't really care. This been happening on and off for weeks now. They shouldve try to fix this ASAP . this is really frustrating. This is the only way I commincate with my job as well , and they usually send me text.. ugh!!! I been having problem with Sprint I think Ima just cancel my service with them and go to at&t or Verizon. I stood with Sprint cause I thought I had a food deal but I realized they suck and over price too.  I hope this fix this shit soon!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same exact issue. I work in zip code 23188 and live in zip code 23185. I am receiving the error message: SMS error - Radio Interface Resource Shortage and when I try making calls, I get a busy signal and/or it says Network is Busy. This have been happening for about 3 days now. Also, my internet is EXTREMELY slow! Could someone look into this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue radio interface shortage....I'm in the Bronx 10472

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat