ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio interface resource shortage

Journeyman

My Evo4G keeps continuously getting the radio interface resource shortage error all day except around midnight. This has been since Friday afternoon. I cannot send or receive text messages, and it doesn't register when people call, or list as a missed call. I'm not sure what to do about this problem, it is really frustrating. I have tried all recent updates available, taking the battery out, restarting 100 times, etc. I do not have a functional house phone, and this is the only means of communication with anyone I have.

18 REPLIES 18
Master

I am sorry you are having this problem.  Please private message me your phone number and I can fix this for you right away.  Please do not post your phone number on this thread.

thank you

-John

Journeyman

likewise I am experiencing this problem right now. Please assist.....if you can...thanks!!

Wizard

I would like to investigate this further for you. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number?

Markie_B

Journeyman

I'm getting the same pesky Radio interface resource shortage message today on my EVO 4g. Sorry for the dumb question but I'm a nebie...are robotaholic and Markie_B sprint technicians?

Journeyman

i have the same issue on my evo. did all the resets and still not working

Journeyman

Must be a network problem because myself and 1 of daughters have the evo and my wife and other daughter have blackberrys

So it has to be the network and not our phones. The issue occurs on all of our phones usually around dinner time est.

Journeyman

How much you want to bet they will say it is your phone anyway

Master

If it is happening to all your phones, the problem is definitely not your device.  Are you connected to an Airave by any chance?  If you provide your zip code, I will see if there is a service alert in your location. 

There used to be an issue with the HTC Evo Shift where it continually got the radio interferance error when sms messaging and it would take a battery pull to correct the problem.  Any additional information you can provide would help to with getting this fixed.

-John

Journeyman

Been having the same problem with my phones in the 49022 area been going on since 2/11/12 had a sprint manager tell me it was my phone and was rude about it so I called back a few hours later and someone else did some more checking and told me it was the network really thinking hard about leaving sprint been with them for over Ten years have five lines but really getting upset with the service

Journeyman

I am having this radio interface resource shortage on my htc evo 3d......... What can I do to fix this problem very irritating..........

Journeyman

I am having the same problems, have restarted the phone several times, removed the battery several times, have called customer service (big mistake that was, no help whatsoever).  Phone won't ring, no evidence of missed calls, texts take hours to post, and when I talk on the phone, it crackles, the connection is really bad.  What is the deal?  And if there is a problem, why is Sprint not transparent about it and fixes it?  I have been with Sprint at least 10 years and am about to change providers because this is unacceptable.  I don't have a landline, so I depend on my cell phone, and I will have to do whatever it takes to get uninterrupted service. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat