cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason and fix for Rdio, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, BitBop, et al failing over 3G after OTA

Journeyman

Re: Reason and fix for Rdio, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, BitBop, et al failing over 3G after OTA

My EVO was experiencing problems with Pandora since Maintenance Release 3.70.651.1 had been applied to it. Sometimes it would play just a few seconds of a song then cut out. I had previously performed a hard reset of the phone and reinstalled Pandora, but those steps did not help.

I wanted to try modifying the Port settings as mentioned in this thread. I had contacted Sprint via online chat and the agent refused to give me the MSL code for my phone, stating that "due to security reasons" that he would not release it to me. I ended up calling Sprint Technical Services and the agent gave me the MSL code without any other hassle.

I probably should have tried calling first, but it just seems that everytime I have to deal with Technical Services, it's a long drawn out affair and they always want to do a bunch of trouble shooting. I already knew the steps that I needed to do, I just needed their code. I'll see if this fixes the Pandora issues.

Journeyman

Reason and fix for Rdio, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, BitBop, et al failing over 3G after OTA

Thanks for the tip about the PD proxy server. This worked like a charm. I couldn't stream Pandora or Slacker over 4G even though a speed test showed decent speed. The 3G stream was unreliable. It usually wouldn't finish a song.

I went to a store and they were totally unhelpful. They were in denial about the problem and wanted to blame Pandora or the android Apps. When I pointed them to these posts, they basically said the internet was unreliable for information. Amazingly they denied there was a problem even though they admitted that they had 4 customers come in today to complain about streaming. They wanted to hang onto my phone and reset it and I didn't have time to try that option. I don't know why Sprint won't take this seriously as it is going to mess up their reputation.

I got the MSL through a reader on the internet very quickly without rooting and then applied the settings.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Reason and fix for Rdio, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, BitBop, et al failing over 3G after OTA

Well....Get me the EVO 3D unless it can't stream Netflix and then I will have to rethink my next phone/provider because I am out of patience!

My EVO 4G will also not play the SiriusXM app without cutting in and out. I took it to Sprint and they said they fixed it but didn’t. I have been on the phone with Sprint and nobody can fix this problem.

WHY CAN’T THEY JUST AT LEAST FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE SIRIUS APP!!!

I called Sprint back with the information found on this post, http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/60462, and my EVO is now working GREAT!!!!!!

I apologize for the rant and thanks to everyone that contributed to the resolution of this issue. I am back to being a SPRINT fan!

Journeyman

THIS FIX DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!

THE FIX DOES WORK!!!!!!!

GrandMaster

call sprint. there is a semi fix that they will push to your phone. after that the problem is solved unless you reset your phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/60462?start=15&tstart=0

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.