cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore the Evo

Journeyman

Restore the Evo

Anyone know how to restore the EVO. My sales rep where I bought walked me thru it but I failed to write it down. I had a problem earlier and want to use the restore. Thanks

11 REPLIES
Master

Re: Restore the Evo

A hard reset removes all information from your device and returns it to a state just like it has never been used before. All contacts, messages, emails, third-party applications, etc. will need to be reinstalled after performing a hard reset. To perform a hard reset, from the Home screen tap Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete. This process will take 5–10 minutes

Journeyman

thanks!

Journeyman

Will this restore it to 1.5 if that is what was on it when purchased? Or if I have 2.2 already on it will it still have that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This method only resets it to the latest firmware currently on your phone. If you have 2.2, it will restore it to 2.2. You can't have 1.5, because the Evo shipped with 2.1 update 1.

Journeyman

Ahh yes you are right, 2.1

Journeyman

My Evo got the OTA upgrade last night, and now my settings lack a "Privacy" section. How do I factory rest the phone now?

I installed the bootleg Flash 10.1 on Eclair, and now I find it conflicts with the factory installed Flash on Froyo to the extent of causing the browser  to crash frequently. Consensus on the forums is that a factory reset is required to fix this.

Master

Factory Data Reset is in SD & phone Storage at the bottom

Hardware Hard reset can be dome when the phone is off. Hold Volume Up and the power button. Follow the instructions on screen, using the volume keys to move up and down.

Journeyman

Thanks, that was it.