cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridding myself of Sprint service.

Journeyman

I guess I have cancel Sprint, and switch, called today, annoying I have to pay $10 when in my area I dont even get 3G service. No results, only got told how to cancel, and the best way to do it, and the disconnect fee. Thanks Sprint.

8 REPLIES
Wizard

ToreyC83,

I'm sorry you're having issues. The $10 data add-on I believe you're referring to is required for all smart phones, if you're having issues though with 3G service in your area I would like to see if there's anything I could help you out with. I'm sending you a private message to gather more information.

GrandMaster

never had 3G service or now dont have 3G service?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Never had 3G service, doesnt seem it will ever come around here. I hate paying an additional fee to use the less than dial-up speed data for PREMIUM data service. I dont expect 4G right off, but we cant even get 3G being about 250 feet off a major interstate(I81).  Other companies have 4G here already. I love my EVO, but if I cant even load the homepage without waiting 3 or 4 minutes, whats the point?

Journeyman

And ive already done all the updates, phone software, ROM, and PRL.

GrandMaster

Then its either the phone or the network. Take it in and have it tested.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

In my area, the coverage shows not even 3G speeds, only dial up speeds which I dont really get either. The data is completely unusable. Can anyone explain why Im paying for premium data when its not even usable?

Journeyman

Finally switched afer being told by Sprint multiple times they dont care. Loving my Thunderbolt, getting 4G when before I wasnt even getting 3G. Thank you Verizon for actually having a decent service.

Wizard

I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you from the account perspective, unfortunately in your specific case there was nothing we can do from a network perspective since you were in a roaming area. I'm happy you were able to get a resolution though.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.