cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card Problems with update

Highlighted
Journeyman

My EVO won't recognize my SD card since I updated it to Gingerbread. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Employee

Hi JENSYMMSS1, since you have noticed the problem have you powered the phone off  reseated the SD card, then powered the phone on? In settings > sd card & phone storage does it report the space for SD? if SD card connected to another phone/computer are the contents visible?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Yes I have powered it off, reseated it, and powered on. No, it does not show in sd and phone storage, it says unavailable. Yes contents are visible on computer. It worked just fine until I updated yesterday.

Journeyman

I also had a problem with the last update I did and my phone not recognizing my sd card. I had to take everything from my sd card and copy it my computer then format the sd card through the phone for it to recognize it and allow me to put the files back on. Next time I would suggest removing sd card for updates.

Journeyman

I can't even see the card on the phone to reformat it...It says it is not there

Journeyman

Everytime I reseat it and power it back on, I get a notification that says SD card unexpectedly removed

Sprint Employee

Hi JENSYMMSS1, you can reformat the card with your computer. after copying all files from SD card to your computer, go to computer/mycomputer right click the SD card and click format.

Journeyman

OK i will try that this evening. Hopefully it will work. Thanks.

Sprint Employee

I hope this works for you, post back here if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat