cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card unexpectedly removed

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been getting the message of "SD card unexpectadly removed" on my htc lately.  When I go to use my camera, I get a message to insert SD card. I have powered off phone, removed the back an unmount the SD card, which is a 8GB. Has anyone else had this to happen and possibly have an answer as to why and what can be done to correct it?

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

I had this kind of issue in the past.

The card may be corrupted. All you have to do is to turn off the phone, remove the battery, then remove the sd card and reinsert it back.

Place the battery back and power on the phone.

When the phone reboots it will try to mount the battery and fix any issue.

I used to do this on the weekly basis until it stopped happening.

If the SD card is not the original, you can forget about it. I have 2x16gb I bought from EBay; it was a waist of money!

Journeyman

Just happend to me and taking battery and card out NOT solving the problem. On startup it says "preparing SD card" but then after a bit give the "SD card unexpectadly removed" message again.

Any help anyone?

Journeyman

This has happened to me once and I believe it was because my sd card became corrupted.

I was able to resolve the issue by:

• making a backup of the sd card (basically copying the entire sd card contents to a folder in windows)
  • formatting the sd card in windows
  • factory reset of my phone (using freshly formatted sd card)
  • going to my backup folder in windows and copying any files i wanted to keep back to my sd card.

I know this sucks but it is what worked for me.

Journeyman

My brand new evo (back in June 2010) was shipped to me with a bad SD card in it and caused similar problems.  You should replace it with a 32GB microSD card anyway so you can put all of your music and videos on it.  So try replacing the card.  The other thing to try is also to clean the contacts with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol, but only a tiny bit of alcohol.  Don't fry your Evo.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat