Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCing

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

SYNCing

Since going to Android 2.2 I can no longer sync my calendar with Microsoft Exchange 2003.

It States Client/Server conversion error and doubles all of the appointments

Has anyone else expierienced this or Does anyone have a fix?

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: SYNCing

Was there a fix for this?  I am having the same problem.

Journeyman

No answer yet! If you go searching around the site you will find some advise and possible fixes, none have worked for me yet.

I have cut ans pasted various postings on a word document, you would not believe how many folks are experiencing but Sprint does not have a fix!

When I sent in a frustration note to Sprint their rep said this isn't even a known problem even though one of their people on the site specifically stated it is a know issue. If you hear anything please post it back here, I will do the same

Journeyman

Thanks Michael, it just started or me about 3 days ago.  I went into the store and they said "delete the account and add it back"...that doesn't sound right to me.  I haven't tried it, and frankly don't plan to but for a last resort.  If I hear anything I will post here and let you know.

Journeyman

I found a fix that works for me!

All of this is done on the phone

1. Remove your Exchande server account from the phone

2. Go to settings/applications/manage applications/push all button at the top/find the large calendar file on the list

3. Delete the large Calendar Info File( I believe it is an archive of anything you had on your calendar since you got the phone)

4. Reset up your Exchange server connection

5. Sync and in minutes the world is good again!

A friend told me that the file had data from 2.1 and 2.2 and that the two different sets of data caused the Client/ server conversion errors and the constant sync hang up problem.

Good Luck!

Journeyman

It worked for me also...thanks!

Journeyman

You have mad jedi skillz!  I've been pulling my hair out trying to find the fix.  This did it!

The folks at HTC & Sprint should be tarred and feathered for such consistently remedial customer service.

Message was edited by: Lynewire

Journeyman

Thanks Lynewire! It is amazing how long it took for this to get fixed and Sprint still does not have it available as a fix!

Journeyman

SYNCing

@ MICHAELEARDLEY do you mead the calendar storage app or the calendar sync adapter to delete?    

Journeyman

SYNCing

I could clear the calendar storage app but only force stop on the calendar sync adapter. Still not syncing with my exchange calendar with my Epic after EC05.  HELP!!!

Journeyman

Kimberly, I do not have an Epic but if it was an upgrade from android 2.1 to 2.2 you may have the same issue.

Go back to the steps listed above. In # 2 yuo have to go to your" settings" then click on  each of the following items to clear the old file.

If you are not getting it to work, print off the list and take it to a Sprint store, they should be able to fo it for you.

Journeyman

SYNCing

I did take it to the Sprint store- the tech couldn't figure it out either- I had already done the steps in #2- a million times with no luck. So, I have another Epic- still same issue- email & contacts sync- no calendar sync- there are 3 other people that work for me that have the same epic-they are syncing everything beautifully!

HELP!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat