cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes blank seconds after making a call

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Screen goes blank seconds after making a call

Sounds like you have a Hero and not an Evo.

The Evo has no trackball, and the sensor is to the right of the HTC logo, not the near the Sprint logo.

I assume you're running 2.1.  I can't seem to find a setting to change the screen blanking  option for when making calls.

Might try the Hero forum and see if anyone has any issues.

Journeyman

When will we be gettint 2.2 for the EVO ? I'm hoping this will sort out some issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the EVO and my screen goes blank and I usually am using a bluetooth, and I was able to pass my hand over the front of the screen and it would come back on.  BUT FOR SOME STRANGE REASON ????? It wont work anymore.  I make a call, and when I am done, I have to press the button on top of the phone in order for the screen to come back on so I can end the call.  My timeout is set for 2 minutes.  ANY SUGGESTIONS/HELP ??

Journeyman

Thanks to all who posted I was able to diagnose the problem I was having with my Evo.  I was having a similar problem and started searching the forums.  I would make a call and the screen would immediately go blank.  I wouldn't be able to get the screen back until the person on the other end hung up.  It caused quite a few problems.  After reading some of these post, I discovered that my new case covered up the sensor that turned the screen blank when the phone was up to your ear.  I took the phone into the sprint store while it still had the case on and they could not find the problem.  It would have prevented a lot of aggravation if the folks at the store new the products they sold.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat