cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen raising above the bevel

Journeyman

Screen raising above the bevel

who else is having this problem? is it gonna get worse?

164 REPLIES 164
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am so curious what they heck those guys are doing with the phones.

Mine is in a silicone wrap and goes into and out of my pocket 100 times a day (assuming 10 texts, calls or e-mails per hour during a 10 hour workday) and I have not even the slightest hint that the screen is going to move.

My girl's EVO is (literally) thrown into the purse ("You said it was durable, right?") and looks about as good as mine (although that phone's back is starting to show scratches...)

Highlighted
Wizard

I am seeing the same problem, the screen is starting to separate from the phone. The screen is now above the bezel all across the bottom of the phone. I can push the screen back into place, but it lifts back out right away.  dd

Highlighted
Journeyman

i said it was durable? i don't recall. i've babied my phone. reguardless... even being slightly rough with a peice of equipment it shouldn't be failing after three weeks. my guess is the guls isn't strong enough to hold up to the heat from the battery. i suspect this is only gonna become more widespread and could turn into a very big problem

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

We've identified this issue in the lab and are reviewing the information and devices.

It does not appear to impact the usability of the device - the LCD and touch screen are sealed units.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

nicholaaaas,

I was saying that I had stated the phone was durable -- nothing else.  Previous touchscreen devices from HTC have proven to be highly durable, at least as durable as Apple's touchscreens.

However, it is good to know that you have babied your phone.  Some people I know put phones into pockets with keys and other metal objects but if you have been gentle with yours and had it for a week and a half than I bet you are in a seriously annoying situation!

--

We've identified this issue in the  lab and are reviewing the information and devices.

While I don't think that Sprint's response on this thread is the last we're going to hear, it is great that they are responding so quickly on the forums, yah?

--

It does not  appear to impact the usability of the device - the LCD and touch screen  are sealed units.

I hope that what this means is that the device is intact and that a simple repair should be able to return the device to perfect original condition.

If, for example nicholaaaas is correct and some battery's are heating the phone up enough to damage the screen's adhesive, a new screen adhesive should be able to address the problem.  I hope it is a repair not a replacement ... one thing I have worried about is the long wait for the EVO handset impacting users who need replacement devices under warranty or Sprint Equipment Protection Plans.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks Will, keep us posted please.     dd

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes it still works... i just hope that isn't sprint/htc's official response

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've babied mine too. More so than any other phone I've ever had. I bought a silicone cover and screen protectors and I haven't had any problems. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, though. May be just luck of the draw, but I hope not. Hopefully we'll get a better and more reassuring response from sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

With all due respect, wengla, identifying it in the lab, and stating it will not affect usability is skirting the fact that the entire 'net is talking about their screens separating from the phone. It is irrelevant if the screen is a sealed unit if it and the phone are 2 separate pieces, which most of ours are rapidly becoming. This is a beautiful phone. I love my phone. But I already have the bottom of the screen lifted above the bezel, and dust under it.   Most of us are in full panic mode. There are no others available for exchange, and this problem is so widespread, it 'appears' to be a manufacturing defect that will not be resolved by getting another 'first production run' phone.   What is Sprint going to do? Please provide a direct answer. Forbes reported on this today. HTC is absolutely unreachable.   I am heartbroken over this. I am totally disabled. I can no longer use a computer. My phone is my world.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets try to remain logical and calm about this issue.

We cannot expect wengla to be the Official Voice of Sprint on this issue and if the corporation intends to issue a communication Re: Forbes, it will not come via this Forum.

Like other successful problem threads on here we should all report the issue we are having and relevant details:

- HTC Evo?  Yes/No

- In Use # of Days:

- Bezel Seperation Occuring:

- Light Leakage Occuring:

- Other Side Effects:

- Type of Case / Wrap Used, If Any:

- Applied / Removed Third Party Screen Protectors?  Yes/No

- Phone Exposed to Water?

- Other Details/Notes:

Wengla was kind enough to update us on his status -- they are seeing it in at least one Sprint technical lab and probably have a number of active cases at Sprint Repair Centers.  We should be kind and update him on our status -- if nothing else it will help Sprint see the scope of the issue and collect your details.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Cory,      Thank you for pointing out I forgot some details. My EVO is in the Body Glove case sold by Sprint. I am using the screen protector sold by Sprint, whose tech applied it. My phone is kept also, in the HTC leather case obtained when I bought the phone June 4.  No phone I have ever owned has sustained one scratch. To say I baby them would be an extreme understatement. I hope this answers any questions people may have. This is my first post on the Sprint forum.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat