cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen raising above the bevel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen raising above the bevel

who else is having this problem? is it gonna get worse?

164 REPLIES 164
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I will be returning mine for good I think. No one has anything in stock so Sprint has left me with no choice. As long as they can revert me to how I was before the Evo purchase I can always buy it later this summer. I'll miss android.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since it is a manufactuer defect when HTC figures out what they are going to do about it you care covered for one year

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've heard rumblings of HTC calling it a "cosmetic issue", which means it's not covered under their warranty. Also, who's to say Sprint and HTC won't take the "physical damage" route and scam us all in to using insurance to replace it. It's our word versus theirs. When I bought my Touch Pro and the hinge came out of alignment from the factory, they told me it was physical damage. Luckily I was able to return it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

if that happens then we start contacting out local better business beuraus and attorney generals

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where did you buy yours?  If you bought it at best buy like me, you can return this infinate times if there is an issue with it.  Be polite like I am, and they are very understanding.  If you got it  at wal mart, I think its the same thing too so go return it now.  If you got it anywhere else like sprint/radio shack ect, I would return it if you can for replacement, otherwise just return it, activate your old phone, and wait a month until the models are fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the above post was directed to msirchuk

You know its really sad if we have to go the better business route because all we want is a properly manufactured device.  Its not exactly cheap at 450-600 dollars where you buy it.  Just because most of us upgraded doesnt mean that new better tech wont be coming out in the next 6 months which we would be able to upgrade to if we hadnt wasted the upgrade on shoddy manufacturing.

Word of advice, if you are a long time sprint customer like me, let them know that you are fed up with being dis-satisfied and will return the phone and get out of the 2 year contract.  Tell them you simply want your device to last you 2 years without needing replacement.  Its a simple practical request which we are entitled to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought mine on release day from a Sprint store without an upgrade for the full $450. Is there still a 30 day policy on new phones if paid in full?

If they don't have any now, I'll just return it and re-activate my Hero.

My concern is that in 6 months from now is it going to be worse or not? HTC can't say it won't, and for $450 it should be an undeniable "no."

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I called my local store, and no EVO's in stock for existing customers only for new customers. After thinking about that, I understand it, but you would think they would want to treat existing customers well, but I guess they don't. Gets even worse though.

I explained the issue I had and that I needed an echange, he said he may have one tomorrow.

He then proceeded to tell me that they are not exchangeable for the screen issue. He said it is purely cosmetic, and they can not exchange it for that reason.

So I told him I'll just return it for a refund within the 30 day period.

Wizard

dmcculla:

If someone posted it in a blog on the internet, it has to be true, right?

HTC, like most cell phone manufacturers, does not have a network of thousands of factory repair centers throughout the US.  So, in most cases, instead of making you wait while repairing your phone if it has a warranty issue, the warranty instructs you to take it to a Sprint or affiliated store for replacement.  You return the defective one and receive a, hopefully, properly functioning device in exchange.  So, technically, the blogger was correct that HTC does not have the capability to repair the phone (at least not in front of you).  Most of the rest of what the blogger stated or implied was not correct.  For example, you do not need to pay for the insurance to receive warranty service; nor is there a $100, or any other, charge for replacement under warranty.

Message was edited by: wasbakntyme

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I got to wondering if there is going to be a restocking fee of some kind for returning my defective phone, so I called customer care.

I was told that both exchanging the phone, and whether or not they will charge a $35 restocking fee is at the discretion of the store.

Customer care said that the phone could be exchanged because it was a manufacturers defect, but it's up to the store.

Now I'm wondering, $450 for a problem phone that may or may not get worse later on, or paying the $35 restocking fee and switching back to my Hero, or saying a big screw you, returning the phone, paying the fee, and then getting out of my contract. Sure, I'll pay a cancellation charge, but I can get the new Droid from Verizon soon and I'll likely break even with their discounted price.

Highlighted
Journeyman

it sounds like they are trying to say it's a minor cosmetic issue that does not warrant a repair/replacement... even thou i'm sure we've all seen the picture of the guy's phone who's screen lifted enough to fit a blockbuster card under

Highlighted
Journeyman

There might be a restocking fee yes.  I guess this is a lesson.... DONT BUY FROM SPRINT.  Buy from best buy, yo can reurn unlimited times as long as there is a problem with it.  Honestly, if I were you, I would return it to sprint, get the full amount back.  Go to best buy, get another evo, and deal with you 30 days there.  Honestly, i would rather hae an evo than driod x, and htc said they will be tweeking their production for fture models so there will be no screen or light leak problem.  Sprint limits you to 2 exchanges so use them wisely.  Restocking fee is only if you return it for the cash back......i think.  This really does suck.  Sprint's customer service still is horrible, notice we havent heard from them in a long while.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat