cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen raising above the bevel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen raising above the bevel

who else is having this problem? is it gonna get worse?

164 REPLIES 164
Highlighted
Journeyman

Define: Recall

A product recall is a request to return  to the maker a batch or an  entire production run of a product, usually due to the discovery of safety issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey msirchuk, how do you know that rev 003's dont have this issue? My buddy at work has a 003 version and although his screen isn't lifting, its definitly not flush. Top is flush just like my 002.

Are there any other benefits with a 003 vs 002? Whats the Epson screen all about? I compared his 003 with my 002 on full brightness and they seemed identical to me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not all 003's have the Epson screen. It's my understanding there are 3 different versions, 002's, 003's with epson screens and 003's with Novatek? screens. All the 002's are novas and are prone to the separation issue. You can see what screen type you have by having the power management widget and pressing the brightness button. The Epson screens change brightness immediately, the Nova's kind of fade in and out, like a light switch dimmer. The Nova's may also have a purpleish tint to them, whereas the Epsons are brighter and have a "whiter" look to them. Really the only thing I care about is the fact that they shouldn't come up on the bottom.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok guys drum roll please...............Bum...............bum..........bumbumbumbumbumbumbumbum

Fail.  Bottom left of screen is rising up and has light leakage.  It is a 0003 Hardware version

OK SPRINT!!!  LISTEN TO ME!!!!  I have received FOUR HTC EVOs......  ALL of them have the light leakage and screen problems.  I have talked to FOUR best buy mobile managers and they all have agreed with me and not hassled me the slightest in me returning them.  They all say this IS MORE than cosmetic!  This can lead to alot of problems down the road with grime getting INTO the phone.

WHAT SHOULD I DO SPRINT?!?!?!!?!?

I am exchanging ONE MORE TIME.  Thats it.  To my local BB when they get stock in, because I am SICK AND TIRED of making 45 minute drives around Connecticut looking for evos to replace horribly made evos.  If its another poorly crafted (aka soon to be BROKEN because lets face it, we all agree this is getting noticeably WORSE over only a couple of days/weeks) phone, that I know will die down the line.  I AM OUT.  Really.  Ill get the droid x or iphone 4.  Im tired of being ignored here.  This has been a crazy active thread and no Sprint reps are responding.

Not only will I be out, but I am going to take my story to whatever sort of press I can.  Im sure pushing out phones that are this way as a flagship, then IGNORING it to those who have bought it is some sort of crime.  Maybe I will start exchanging every day, and taking picture of the phone to show this is an issue on ALL devices.  I find it hard to believe that people say their evo is ok.  They probably just haven't inspected it thoroughly enough.

GOD IM MAD.

Message was edited by: masonm159

Highlighted
Journeyman

The EVO I have is a 0003 and it has the novatec screen.

Highlighted
Master

Hate to break it to you guys, but Sprint doesn't make phones. All they can do is forward the responses and concerns to HTC. I feel for ya though, mine recently got water under the screen while sitting in my front pocket. I got sprayed by water which soaked my pants. Called best buy but they wee out, by the time it came around for their next shipment to arrive, the water had dried out.

Hopefully down the road I don't have additional problems due to the water incident.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

masonm159 -

Maybe thats what they need is to get some bad press to wake up. Its really frusterating at sprints stores most of the sales reps act like this is all new news to them and they also would rather sell more bad phones to new customers then make sure the customers they already have get working phones. I sent emails to both Sprint and HTC if I don't get a response with any sort of way to straighten this out im going to go preorder droid x. I will still be in my 30 days when that is released I have been with sprint for 8 days and gone through 2 evos and had the worst customer service from the sales reps ive ever experienced  from anywhere.  Like I said in an earlier test I REALLY dont want to switch. I would much rather stay with sprint and have a propper working evo but it looks like that wont happen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@smotrs - I totally agree with you about Sprint not making the phones.  I know that Sprint can not fix the issues that the EVO is having but I am hoping that the EVO being their flagship phone (in my opinion) that they would have more pull with HTC than we do.  Sprint can tell HTC that unless they improve the quality of their products (primarily Sprint's top line phone) they will not carry future HTC product.  Now I realistically know that is not going to happen.  😃

For all I know the EVO may be old news to HTC now that it is released and the are currently putting their efforts into their next latest/greatest creation to complete with everyone else's latest/greatest.  For all I know HTC may be happy just to let the folks over at xda do a lot of the footwork for them.  Who knows.  I would hope that HTC's reputation means a little more than that to them.

In my case when it came to Sprint, my problem was not in the phone having the screen issue per se but how Sprint, from whom I bought the phone, is handling getting me a replacement as that is their responsibility.

Highlighted
Journeyman

^

l

l

l

l

l

Couldn't have said it better.  We are sprint customers, and we just want a convenient way to get a functional properly built phone.  We arent asking for the phone to do everything and be perfect.  Yet, we absolutely wont stand for shoddy construction that will inevitably lead to future problems.  It's sprints job to satisfy our consumer needs at this point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

how long do i have to return my phone before i cant return it anymore ? Im paying the additional 7 for the insurance. I dont want to take my phone back and cancel i just want another phone after a while. Im not that picky about the screen being a smidgen loose. But i need to know should i return it now or just worry about it when it gets worse like when i can slide my nail under it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly guys, don't expect a quick fix. At first it looked like Sprint really cared and intended on fixing this before it got out of hand, but from what I just read here, it's obvious what direction Sprint is going in.

They're still shipping and selling new phones that they already know will 100% be returned

Their silly remark to the screen issue. Has nothing to do with cosmetic, if I buy a tv and the screen starts slipping off, Samsung doesn't ask me if I can still see picture or not. (Both devices requiring the Full functional use of their Screens to operate as expected of the consumer)

HTC doing a classic move of hiding under a Rock < This indicates that even if HTC has already addressed the major issues by now, there is no way they are gonna have them produced and shipped before the initial 30day returns are up.

Echosides story sold it for me.

I'm telling you, it obviously looks like Sprint just wants to grab as many Contracts before this gets any bigger and throw as many of those phones out the door just for the business. If they were really embarrased about the immediate problems and wanted to quickly fix them to show it's value, they wouldn't continue to activate more.

Yeah its most likely gonna be fixed eventually, but with sprint, you're not looking at weeks, try months.

Message was edited by: Basically

Message was edited by: Basically

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL Evo #5 tomorrow morning.  Loving this.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat