cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen raising above the bevel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen raising above the bevel

who else is having this problem? is it gonna get worse?

164 REPLIES 164
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey nacronig1,

Thanks for the kinds words and the info.

In Engadgets defense, there is no way they can say htc WILL cover the screen lifting issue under warranty, (cuz they can't speak for HTC) but realistically what in the far reaches of anyones imagination could be htc's reasoning in saying that the screen lifting on the EVO's is not a defect in material and workmanship?     Everyone pressed to hard on the lower lefthand corner of the screen????

I will say that if there is no official release from sprint/HTC regarding the screen lifting issue on the EVOs before the 30 day return period, they will leave most EVO owners no choice but to return their phones.

Good luck to all of us on this issue,

Are you kidding me, they put ******** where I said "everyone pressed to h-a-r-d  o-n the lower....."

Message was edited by: dirkbonn

Highlighted
Journeyman

In my opinion, Sprint IS like those Toyota scum for continuing to sell the phone and activate it when they KNOW the problem exists. There is no way around it, an employee in this thread has said they "are aware" and "have recreated the problem in the lab".

I think I have had enough.. the HTC Incredible really is a great phone, and Sprint is only like $10 cheaper than Verizon since they are now charging me an extra $10 for 4G that isn't in my area. Also, I find that I'm almost always roaming the 3G connection and will probably always go over my 300mb data roaming limit. Having both phones sitting right here, the Incredible is much snappier; not sure if the 30fps cap will be fixed on the Evo.

Decisions, decisions...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Smaggard,

You do realize that if you're on Sprints 3G network, it's not roaming?  It's only considered "roaming" if you're in an area where Sprint has no coverage and you have to use another carriers towers, like Verizons.

And it is $10 per month cheaper, (or should I say less expensive) which equals $240 over a 2 year contract. 

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I do realize that roaming is only done when there is no Sprint coverage. Does the triangle above the signal meter mean I'm roaming? If so, it is roaming a LOT. This is just a coverage problem with Sprint I guess. It is worth the extra $240 over 2 years with Verizon if Sprint roaming data overages cost me $1,000 over 2 years. When I get closer to my 30 days I'm going to take a look at my roaming data (1 week and 120mb so far) and see how much extra the charges will be.

Highlighted
Wizard

smaggard wrote:

In my opinion, Sprint IS like those Toyota scum for continuing to sell the phone and activate it when they KNOW the problem exists. There is no way around it, an employee in this thread has said they "are aware" and "have recreated the problem in the lab".

Are you seriously comparing knowingly continuing to sell a phone with a screen that can lift up a little with knowingly continuing to sell a car that has a potentially fatal defect?  I haven't read about anyone who was in danger of death or grievous bodily injury due to a cosmetic defect on their cell phone, did I miss a news story?

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are missing the point. It's not about if it causes deaths or not. It is about the company willingly selling a faulty product... Obviously a phone company wouldn't be responsible for a car accelerating to full speed and crashing into something.

Highlighted
Wizard

smaggard wrote:

You are missing the point. It's not about if it causes deaths or not. It is about the company willingly selling a faulty product... Obviously a phone company wouldn't be responsible for a car accelerating to full speed and crashing into something.

No, you missed my point.  I never said a phone company would be responsible for runaway acceleration of a car.  I asked if you seriously believed your own statement that it was just as bad to sell a phone with a known potentially cosmetic defect as it is to sell a car with a known potentially fatal defect, and apparently you still see no difference.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it not morally just as wrong to willingly sell defective products either way? Or is it okay for HTC and Sprint to think "well, no one will die.."?

Small lies and big lies are still lies

These Evos currently on the shelf are total pieces of garbage and they are still selling them. I'm not wasting any more time debating with you on whether or not Sprint should continue selling these things or not.

Highlighted
Wizard

smaggard wrote:

Is it not morally just as wrong to willingly sell defective products either way? Or is it okay for HTC and Sprint to think "well, no one will die.."?

Small lies and big lies are still lies

These Evos currently on the shelf are total pieces of garbage and they are still selling them. I'm not wasting any more time debating with you on whether or not Sprint should continue selling these things or not.

No, it is not just as wrong.  On one hand, a cosmetic defect on a cell phone that most people would never notice unless they look closely for it after reading about it; on the other hand, a vehicle that may be prone to kill people in fiery crashes. You cannot distinguish between them morally?  I guess you believe in life in prison for someone who receives a parking ticket too?  Wrong is wrong and illegal is illegal, right?

Message was edited by: wasbakntyme

Highlighted
Journeyman

So i sent a complaint to HTC and to Sprint about this here is the HTC response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Support via E-Mail with your inquiry about your EVO 4G. HTC has received some reports regarding this issue, and are currently analyzing the potential causes. Most customers are not reporting any issue related to this problem. The issue appears to be cosmetic and should not affect the operation of the device. Additional information will be provided after we finish our investigation of the issue.

and sprint response was much the same, dismissing it as a cosmetic issue.

It is clearly an issue with these phones as everyone i know who has one is having the same problem, and it irritates me to see how Sprint and HTC are dismissing it as a non-issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

that's business 101. everyone who is having this problem should continue to call sprint and htc

Highlighted
Journeyman

Greetings ... this thread has been OK so far, at least Sprint is posting some details and a number of posters have been providing the details about the problems they have had with the device's screen adhesive.

As of late it has gotten somewhat off track and emotional, so I thought I would post my currente experiences with the EVO in my area.

I have purchased two for my plan (one for me, one for gf) and my boss and his wife and a friend and his son all have them -- that's six Evos from the Sacramento, CA area.

I have looked at all of them carefully for this issue.  The screens have not detached on any of these devices.  There is no "light leakage" on any of them.

Perhaps in the satistical sample we see on this thread, things are skewed towards the people who are experiencing the problem.

Even with Sprint's somewhat dodgy sales reporting, we can see that the number of phones and the number of people with screen issues are not equal -- in fact I suspect from my own sample that they are, in fact, few and far between.

All statistical samples are subject to error...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat