cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen raising above the bevel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen raising above the bevel

who else is having this problem? is it gonna get worse?

164 REPLIES 164
Highlighted
Journeyman

This thread continues to disintegrate ...

1. Sprint did acknowledge this issue, directly on this thread.

2. One misinformed CSR does not make the HTC/Sprint response a conspiracy

3. The Screen Bezel lifting does not effect every single phone -- my Rev0002 is gorgeous

Other Thoughts:
---

iPhone / AT&T solution is to "hold the phone better."

I am personally glad that Sprint hasn't issued a response similar "please hold the screen down" response.

---

Not every phone in Best Buy or Radio Shack is effected by this issue.  I have seen perfectly functioning, fully attached screens on Rev 1 and Rev 2 phones.  Online videos prove that many R3 phones are similarly unaffected.

---

Quotes From Other Forums:

---

"There are plenty of WAY bright, WAY vivid, no-grounding-issue rev 2  phones out there - mine is one of them.  Ditto for rev 3, both screen  models."

"For the people who will never come in contact with another EVO, the  revisions mean nothing...  You won't have anything to compare to and  your phone works...  That's all that matters"

Highlighted
Journeyman

a tacit admission that there IS a problem and nothing since then except csr's trying to downplay it is a problem. and if you think it isn't happening... take a look around some other forums. i'm glad your phone doesn't have a problem... but quite a few people's phones do. and we want an answer

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys I am back and wanted to report on Evo #3.  This is another 0003 rev, and it is def better than my last replacement which had light leakage everywhere and screen popping up all over the place.  Yet, it has four leakage lines under the 4 home buttons again, and a slightly loose screen.  Guess what sprint, I will be returning this one again to best buy.  I feel bad for best buy because they have to deal with me returning phones that are functional, but poorly manufactured.

Again, I HATE being this person.  I love the phone, I don't want to keep returning it.  Can't Sprint just tell me when to return it.  Or tell me what to do?  Plus, if sprint employees everywhere REALLY don't know about this issue, they should be told, because if I can keep exchanging my phone and KEEP getting defective models, they should really own up!  Why would you make the CUSTOMER come in and EXPLAIN the issue?  Likewise, if the reps DO know (which is probably the case), they should STOP hassling us and make us satisfied!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, tomorrow I think I am going to get evo #4.  I will let you know how it goes.  Anyone who reads this say a little prayer for me

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, prayer said, but I am holding this, from past experience, with the rev. 3 being much worse than my rev. 2, until I hear the manufacturing changed units are in the retail chain, and they ain't there yet. Let us know how it looks. By the way, the update patch was released yesterday. Anyone see a difference with battery life. Mine seems worse 😞

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi again fellow Evo sufferers.  I come baring some good news finally.  Ok so I didn't return my phone to BB (if you didn't know I have the light leakage problem and screen separation) because they didn't have any.  Plus, now after 2 weeks, Sprint's online store has Evo's in stock.

Why does this matter?

Well rumor has it that Sprint has waited for HTC to correct these problems on the assembly line before restocking.  So I am quite confident that within the next 1-3 days returning you phone to Sprint stores, BB's, RS's. and W Marts will be a safe play.  So when my best buy gets them in, I will return it and tell you how it went.

More good news.  I had a LONG conversation with the Sprint people/managers on the phone today and basically told them the problem we all have and asked them what happens after the 30 days.  I told them that I want to be guaranteed a properly crafted phone since I am on my 3rd evo.  I have the $7 insurance what I suggest all you evo owners get because if it breaks and its not due to water damage or other stuff thats your problem, you get a free replacement due to "manufacturer's default", otherwise its a $100 deductible.   I say this because I wanted to know what my situation would be called after the 30 day trial period.  They told me that "from what I told them, that should be manufacturers default and with my insurance I will get my phone either fixed or replaced."  I had them indicate on my account that they told me this on the phone so I wont get hassled.

So to sum up, if you dont have the insurance...... GET IT, because you should anyways since this phone is worth it.  Also, returning now seems like a safe play if you are within your 30 days.  Ill bet that this batch of evos are WAY better.

I also found out that if you got it at BB, there is no limit on return exchanges as long as there is manufacturers default (the issue we have with screen and light leakage constitutes that)

HOPE THIS MAKES EVERYONE FEEL A BIT BETTER!

Highlighted
Journeyman

As of June 28th, HTC does not have the ability to repair the Evo 4G and will thus ask that you perform all returns/repairs through a verified Sprint Repair Store. The Repair store will then issue you a replacement once they get one in, which can end up ranging from a day to 2 weeks away depending upon the demand in your area.

I find it very interesting that a Manufacturer does not currently have the ability to repair its very own phone. I may not know about the intricate workings of a Cell phone manufacturer, but regardless, I find this to be bad business.

Highlighted
Journeyman

where did you see that statement?

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine has the problem and it's getting worse. Radio Shack has nothing in stock and Sprint tells me to go there. Looks like I will be returning the phone and cancelling my service or have to fix it myself. I now have light leaking completely across the bottom buttons.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm starting to think all the phones have the light leakage and screen problems.  Since most consumers dont know to look for it, or don't know what kinda of future problems it can cause, they just stay in the dark.  That link above I don't exactly trust.  HTC must honor their own warrantee.  Plus, Like I said, just get the insurance and bring it in after the 30 days if it comes down to that.  It IS MANIFACTURER'S DEFAULT!  They have to fix it or replace it.  PERIOD!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what's the verdict? Replace it now while you can or live with it? I've got quite a bit of light leakage and the screen is clearly raised. Pushing it down fixes it, until I let go. Any home-fixes yet? Drop of super glue perhaps?  I dished out the full $450, if I have to return it I need to do it today or tomorrow since the return period expires the day after tomorrow.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat