cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G

Journeyman

Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G

I'm having problems connecting my EVO4G making it the SPRINT HOTSPOT.  I am able to set it up with Local Only access, but not able to use it to connect to the internet with this feature.  Can someone help me set it up?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G

Hi!

I moved your post to our Evo forums.

What specific issues, errors or problems do you encounter when trying to set up your Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your Evo 4G by HTC?

Thanks,

Will

Journeyman

Thank you for responding.  I'm not sure if it's my phone or the netbook.  The netbook shows on the taskbar icon that I only have LOCAL access and not INTERNET.  My phone when I turn on the Sprint HotSpot comes up with DATA CALL FAILURE Error Code 67. Registration failure. Your username and /or password may be incorrect. The HotSpot icon on the top of the phone shows its on, and gives me instruction to go to the device to select if from my list on the netbook, then enter Router name and password then start using Sprint HotSpot. I get connected, but says LOCAL access only.  Sounds like it may be the netbook settings.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Keith

Journeyman

I'm getting the same message.

Journeyman

Either we both are doing it wrong, or something isn't right with the Sprint Hotspot feature.  Are there any suggestions to resolve this?

I haven't call Sprint on it yet, but maybe their techs have the answer.

Master

Error code 67 means it has not been activated/added to your account, There is an additional $29.99 p/m fee to use it. You can add it from your account page, My Account>Manage My Device>Change My Services>"CHECK" Sprint Mobile HotSpot.

If your paying for it and still getting the error you will need to call Sprint to have them troubleshoot it for you.

Journeyman

Thank you.  Well, since there is wi-fi and 3g/4g all around me, I don't think I need to pay another $30 a month just to use my laptop to connect somewhere.

Thank you for the post.