cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of waiting. When will we get more evo's in??

Journeyman

Sick of waiting. When will we get more evo's in??

This is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous that we have to wait on a phone THIS long. There is NO WAY that you can tell me that NOBODY knows when the phones will come in. Other sites are steady posting phones and selling out. And Reposting again. Sprint you're falling behind and need to tighten up!!

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Sick of waiting. When will we get more evo's in??

Dude you just have to call around to stores in your area. What i did was went to BestBuy and pre-order one and they told me it could take two or three weeks to get my Evo in and i got a call the next day saying my Evo is ready for pick up. So i say go to a local store in your area and get put on a waiting list you will get it a lot quicker.

Journeyman

Ok i'll try that again. Me and my aunt have been waitin for over 3 weeks from the actual sprint store. We're wanting to pay the 199.99 that has all of the instant fees. Which can only be done on the web. Other wise you have to sit there and wait on a rebate to come back like 6wks later. But I'll try your suggestion again and see what happens. Thanks.

Journeyman

I was on several Sprint waiting lists in the montogmery, al area for days. I called Best Buy stores in my area and they gave me the same crap about they only get 2-4 phones in a week. I called the Best Buy 800 # and they told me to order online if it says available and I should get one. I did that and in 30 minutes they sent an email cofirmation that it was ready for pick up and i called to the store to verify before I drove all the way there and it was ready! I picked it up that afternoon! Only 1 sprint store has called to tell me they had one and it's been 1 1/2 weeks! Plus at Best Buy I got it for 199 and sprint wanted 299 with a mail in rebate for 100 i would've had to wait on!

Journeyman

Yes, i think im gonna go that route. It's just that my aunt gets a discount from sprint through University of Florida, so all these places are pretending like they don't know anything about it and we HAVE to purchase from sprint only! Sprint is Sprint in my eyes, no matter where i buy it. But we'll see.

Journeyman

Re: ordering online from BestBuy:  That apparently wasn't THIS week, because BestBuy shows as being "sold out online" and all the stores in my area tell me they've none in stock.  When you call the individual stores, they tell you they don't have any and you just have to keep calling back, and they'll give them out first-come-first-serve at some unspecified time in the future when they actually have any.  So, they won't tell you when they get more inventory, you just have to be there to get one.  Nice.

Oddly enough in the DFW area Radio Shack seems to suck less than Sprint and BestBuy, they at least are maintaining waiting lists in the stores and calling in the list order when they get phones in.  Whenever THAT will be... they say they tend to get shipments on Fridays, and it's Sunday at the moment.  Grrrr.

Journeyman

Okay, It's not really sprint.  Its HTC.  Both companies didn't realize how big this phone would be. Sprint would love to sell there EVO and make money.  They have added more than 8 million phone lines due to the EVO.  HTC is can't keep up with the demand.  Both companies are trying to get em out as fast as they can.  Try calling around that is your best option.

Journeyman

The fact that Neither company can answer when more will arrive is utterly stupid,

And as for sprint stores.. I called them and they happened to have one in the store "we'll hold it for you up front" I get there to pay and some snotty sales girl is selling it to another woman. She informed me they don't hold phones and whoever said that was wrong.

Sprints customer service is a joke.

What's also sad is come Aug 20th  HTC and the EVO are gonna suffer even more sales declines because the Galaxy S will hit shelves. Way to blow your 4g lead Sprint.....

Master

Retail stores are receiving phones almost daily. Sprint.com and Telesales don't have the phone for sale at all because they are all being sent to stores, this is on purpose. Until more stock is available and being received from HTC stores are going to still ereceive phones and Sprint.com and telesales will not have them.

As for the Galaxy S launch removing the 4G lead, that won't happen, Sprint's Galaxy S model is the Samsung Epic 4G, the only Galaxy S model with a physical keyboard, front camera and 4G capability.

Journeyman

honestly folks... i was looking for an Evo for weeks prior to my Aug 1 upgrade (from Pre) eligibility and when the day came, looked online @ sprint and also my local BB's... don't forget, Radio Shack carries 'em as well & w/o a mail-in-rebate... i found mine Aug 1 when all the BB stores in Austin where sold out by calling a couple of my local RS's... they had 3 that morning and after a week of having mine, couldn't be happier (froyo locked up for a bit but a manual restart fixed it right up)... look around, they're out there...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Greatly stated. Which means, sumbody didn't do their damn homework!

Journeyman

What I did to getting my Evo was I kept calling stores everyday around my area.  All the Sprint stores kept saying that they get daily shipments in but only get a few units.  I found one that had one unit left and asked if they would hold it for me as I would go to the store to get my Evo during my lunch break.  You have to be relentless and continuously ask if stores are getting them in.  When they come in, they sell very quickly.  I've come to know that stores usually sell out before 1 pm so if you find a store that has some, then you better go early to get it.  By the way I got my evo within 4 days of constantly searching and calling stores.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat