Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to receive Text Messages on EVO

Journeyman

Slow to receive Text Messages on EVO

Is anyone else having a problem with Texts being really slow to come in on the EVO?  If 4G is enabled, they don't go out and I don't receive until I switch to 3G.  On 3G, they are even slow sometimes, like 40 minutes or so.  I had a BB Curve 8330 and never had any problems.  I'm updating to the latest update per the latest update post.  But, is anyone else having these problems?  My husband got an EVO too and he's having the same problems.

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

So we didn't actually return the phones.  We took them in and they did something and then it worked fine for a few days and now it's awful again.  I just got 8 texts at 2:15 pm with the earliest from 9;30am.  I called t he store and they said one of their friends is having the same problem and there is some sort of back log on the network.  Now I'm calling Sprint to complain and ask for a credit.  I use my texts for work too and this is a major issue.

Journeyman

Next troubleshooting is that when I place a call, all the texts come flooding in.

Journeyman

I have been having the same problem for the past 2 weeks.  Anyone find a solution? 

Journeyman

I am having the same issues.  Phone sometimes not receiving messages and sometimes calls going straight to voicemail without my knowledge.  It's only when I make a phone call that messages some times come in.   It seems that its just phones on the AT&T network, but I am not sur.  Anyone else find its just AT&T?

Journeyman

No its not just at & t.  My gf has verizon and I have the same issue.  I don't receive her texts until later and sometimes don't even receive her calls.  She will say it rang a few times but I will have nothing on my phone.  I took it to Sprint today but the idiot that was there said I just needed a technician to look at it and do a software upgrade or something.  The technician wasn't in though so I did nothing.  I upgraded the firmware and htc software last night and seem to still have the same issue.  This never happened with at&t.  It sucks.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat