cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I'm trying to put some digital copy wmv onto my evo.

Journeyman

So I'm trying to put some digital copy wmv onto my evo.

I've read a few of the how to threads and created a "Video" folder and a "Movie" folder in the evo when it's connected as a hard-drive then moved the wmv files into that folder.  When I disconnect the evo from the PC then it won't even show the file.  I've made the folders alone and I've created them in the Music folder and in the DCIM folder and none of the locations seem to work.  I was under the impression that the Evo detected wmv files.  I got these files legally from the digital copy disks on my blurays so it's not a drm problem.  Other than this issue I am in love with this phone.  Can someone help.  If this question has already been addressed (and I'm sure it has in some form or another...I just haven't found it) I apologize.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: So I'm trying to put some digital copy wmv onto my evo.

Pop on over to the market and pick up ASTRO file manager.  Once downloaded, open it up and search your SDcard and see where those pesky files are! If they are showing in astro in the locations you specified,  then just tap on one of them, and they should open automatically with the default program.  If they are not showing up, then there was an issue transferring the files.

Let me know if that works.

Journeyman

I installed and searched for the files.  I clicked onto Star Trek Port EN and it told me that "file type wmv not found" which is weird because the file is wmv and it copied over to the evo set in disc drive mode in about 1.5 minutes.

Journeyman

I would try downloading some other media players if the default one is having a problem or if failing that, try changing the format on the files from wmv to MP4 or 3GP and see if that fixes the problem.  I usually put all my movies in MP4 format and haven't had any problems viewing them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been trying to do the same thing (sync digital copy movies) with my Epic 4G. I found out that Android 2.1 doesn't support DRM. I went to this site that is suppossed to convert the file so you can view it (and you have to pay like $30) but the image is so crappy it is like watching a screen shot of the movie. Android is looking pretty dissapointing so far and I am not a big apple fan but I think they did it right along time ago.

Master

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-evo-4g/evo-4g-guides/487469/how_to_convert_videos_and_transfer_t...

It's not that Android 2.1 doesn't support DRM per se, It's the hardware manufacturers, publishers, copyrightholders place it so you can't make illegal copys of their work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

Journeyman

Try this to reformat to MP4, Evo does not support WMV.

DVD to HTC EVO Converter : Load DVD Movies onto htc evo 4g for watching

By: Rushrush

This tutorial will tell you how to Rip DVD and convert DVD to HTC Sprint Evo, so you could watch DVD movies via it anytime and anywhere.

htc-evo-4g-500x340.jpg

It's big, it's fast and it's enough to lure us into a two-year Sprint agreement, and when was the last time you heard that? The HTC EVO 4G
is a monster of a smartphone, and having gone hands-on with it here at CTIA Wireless we've only just grazed the surface of its potential. Packing the best of the HTC HD2 – including a 4.3-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen, 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and HTC Sense UI – together with WiMAX 4G and EVDO Rev.A connectivity, the HTC EVO 4G promises to really shake up the smartphone ecosystem when it arrives Summer 2010.

How to convert DVD to HTC Evo –Copy DVD to HTC Evo

Have you ever tried to rip your DVD movies to your HTC Evo? The following tips will be your HTC Evo phone assistant to help you get more fun to watch DVD movies on your HTC Evo.

Before converting DVD to HTC, you should get to know about what kinds of formats are supported by our HTC phone. Here I list all the supported video /audio formats playable on HTC Smartphone.

Video/audio formats supported by HTC Smartphone:

* Video clips in MP4 (generally MP4 is preferable with better picture quality), 3GP, WMV, ASF, 3G2, M4V, AVI.
* Music/audio files in MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV, and OGG

Below is the detailed tutorial about how to transfer DVD to HTC Evo.

Step1. Download and install DVD Ripping software

Free Download Daniusoft DVD Ripper (Note, if you are using Windows and want to put dvd to htc evo, please refer to DVD Ripper for Mac)

dvd-ripper-sc-list.jpg

Step2. Select Output Setting

Select "MP4″ or "3GS" from the output format list in "Format" drop-down list. And the output directory to save the converted files in "Output" drop-down list. You can also adjust other settings such as video quality, audio track, Bitrates, aspect ratio, brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.

Step3. Convert DVD to HTC Evo with Daniusoft DVD Ripper

When the settings are done, click the "Start" button to start conversion. And then the program will automatically start to convert DVD to HTC evo .that's all. When the conversion is finished, you can click "Open" to locate the file in your hard drive.

Finally, just put the converted DVD to HTC Evo, and now you can enjoy DVD movies on your HTC phones any time and any place. You can also convert some part of the DVD to HTC Evo or convert DVD to the other portable player compatible formats.

About the Author

Flash videos enrich my digital life!!

(ArticlesBase SC #2530915)

Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/ - DVD to HTC EVO Converter : Load DVD Movies onto htc evo 4g for watching

Journeyman

Thanks....I'll give this a try this weekend.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat