cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Now Available for Download

Master

Software Now Available for Download

The software update (1.47.651.1) for the HTC EVO 4G, that was temporarily suspended, is again available for download. HTC and Sprint have implemented changes that eliminate the issue that a small number of HTC EVO 4G customers experienced, and owners should not hesitate to accept the software update when prompted.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Software Now Available for Download

Ok, so I was told that I bricked my phone, this did not work for me, now what?

Juju

Master

Hi Juju,

I am sorry you are having issues with your phone.

You should visit their nearest Sprint corporate store to have your device inspected by a Sprint representative, after which appropriate steps will be taken to reach a positive resolution. Customers can check the store locator to find a Sprint retail store.  Check the box titled “repairs,” and the list will populate with appropriate locations. Store Locator link:  http://sprint.findlocation.com

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

OK - I am sure others are thinking this too.  I downloaded and installed the original 21mb update, and everything went fine.  I am not seeing the great battery or wifi changes that others are seeing.  Do I dare try to download and install the new 30mb update or am I asking for a brick?

Journeyman

You may risk a brick by updating twice, or relative issues like ghost in the machine screens changing at will with the newer stable update. The last update did brick phones, and other issues, but this version that is present is stable, but not safe to assure that all features will work well after the update. Do at will, and dont root the phone! If phone works now, just wait for complete 2.2. froyo android update for the operating system, at least that is more stable and assured when it comes out soon! soon!

Journeyman

What issues specifically does this update fix?    

Journeyman

When will the version of Skype mobile be availabled on the HTC Evo?  I am now using this Fring software which is not even closed to Qik.  I think skype will just do better, it's the best.  Please, let those guys at Skype to hurry up.  

Message was edited by: Yakwe

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not that this post has anything to do with the original post, but i will respond...

Skype Mobile will not be coming out in an official form for the EVO(Or any other non-Verizon android phone) until Skype's exclusivity with Verizon ends..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat