cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Profile on HTC EVO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sound Profile on HTC EVO

One issue I had with my EVO was not being able to easily tell whether my ringer was on or off. Sure there are icons in the status bar; normal has no icon, vibrate has a vibrating rectangle, and silent has a note with a slash through it. With everything else going on in the status bar, this just wasn't enough for me.

So I found myself doing Home>>Menu>>Settings>>Sound>>Sound Profile a lot. Sure you can use the volume rocker on the side or a long press on the power button to change it, but not in the middle of a call.

I searched some forums and looked at some apps in the marketplace and eventually found this widget from HTC that was already included on my phone.

+>>Widget>>Settings>>Profile.

Why HTC decided to call it Profile and not Sound or Sound Profile is confusing and made it difficult to find initially (and would have saved me a lot of searching).

With this widget on my home page I can clearly see if I am in normal, vibrate, or silent mode. Pressing it gives you a menu to quickly change the setting.

2011-02-16 000 Sound Profile 550xxx.jpg

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat