cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker distortion... Is this normal? - HTC EVO 4G

Highlighted
Patron

Speaker distortion... Is this normal? - HTC EVO 4G

When I make phone calls, I hear a noticeable amount of speaker distortion, this occurs while the phone is ringing (when first calling someone) and when people are talking during the call.  It seems to happen when I set the volume one click past 50% of full volume.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Is it a hardware related?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just started to experience this problem 09/15/2010 also, but the problem occurs at > 30 % of total volume

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this exact same problem on my HTC EVO.  It seems to get worse when you make the volume louder.  I tried blowing it out with compressed air and rebooting the phone both with no luck.  Is this a software problem or physical hardware problem?  This is pretty disappointing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just saw this question and yes it's a speaker issue it's blown.. mine too happen to blow out you can take it to a sprint store and have them replace it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I took my Evo to a Sprint Store and they replace it in 5 min.

Message was edited by: ISSAKG03

Highlighted
Journeyman

evos is having  this issue.. this is my third one.. and yup still messed up.. seems like they would have it fixed by now

Highlighted

My guess is that on some of our EVO's the distortion is hardware and some are caused by a bug in the OS.  I say this because my original EVO had the same distortion you are describing but after one of the maintenance releases mine was fixed ( I can't remember which one ).  I have read other posts where they discovered it was hardware.  My advise would be to take it to a repair center or try a hard reset.    Rick

Highlighted
Journeyman

Definitely a blown speaker; mine’s blown twice. And now my ear speaker is blown too.

Sprint replaced the main speaker once, no questions asked and it only took a few minutes. I called HTC and they'll take care of the problem too if it's under warranty and you can do without your phone.

My gripe is with Sprint. They found out I don’t have insurance on it and refuse to do anything to the phone eventhough it's still under warranty.(I've got a firmware problem too.)

I just  think it’s ridiculous to pay $85 bucks a year for insurance on a new $$$ phone when it’s still under warranty. A new phone should work right or the company selling it should be willing to stand behind it,

Anyway, I love my EVO with just a couple of exceptions.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat