cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint HTC Evo - YouTube not working...

Journeyman

I get an error everytime I try to play a YouTube clip... I have updated my Flash Player as well as the YouTube App from the Android Marketplace. Just got the phone yesterday (Sunday, March 6). Any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES
Wizard

Sorry for your problems. Go into settings, from settings go to applications, from applications go to manage applications. Select ALL at the top of the manage applications page and look for Youtube, its in alphabetical order so it should be at or near the bottom. Select clear data, and then force stop the application. Take your battery out of your phone and then put it back in. It should work after that. If it does not, call us at 1888-211-4727 and we will be able to assist further.

Journeyman

I went to the YouTube app, cleared the data and stopped the application. Reloaded YouTube (had to agree to agree to terms of service again) and still no luck. States - "there was a problem playing this video. please touch screen to retry."

Highlighted
Master

Re: Sprint HTC Evo - YouTube not working...

This is a known issue with Evo, one way of watching videos in youtube is by selecting Internet as your player program when asked, and not youtube app. If you go on older pages of this forum, you will see more info regarding this problem. http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/140114#140114

I hope this Helps .

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Re: Sprint HTC Evo - YouTube not working...

Tried the m.youtube.com, but still would not play the video... I also downloaded the TV.com app and tried it. Would not load a video either. This is starting to make me think that I am glad I have 30 days to try this phone AND Sprint out...

Journeyman

Save yourself a headache. Youtube will not work no matter what I tried. I sent the thing back and cancelled the service well within the 30 day guarantee. Now I have to wait forever for a refund. I hate Sprint and the EVO sucks.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.