cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Hotspot Keeps Cutting Out

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Hotspot Keeps Cutting Out

Hi. For a few weeks now, the Hotspot on my HTC EVO 4g has been cutting out and I need to restart it to get it to work again. I normally use my laptop for internet access and other wifi/hotspots work fine on it. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Master

Re: Sprint Hotspot Keeps Cutting Out

Do you have problems while using the internet on the evo itself?  Does it make any difference where you are when this happens? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The internet on the Evo is fine. Other people have used the hotspot on it and none have said anything about it cutting out, which I find weird because, like I said, other internet services work fine on my laptop.

Highlighted
Master

Each connection your computer uses for WiFi is unique, it may be it has become corrupted.  If you  only have the problem when connecting from one computer. It might be that there is a time out set.  How long do you go before being disconnected from the device?  You mention restart in the original post  do you mean restart the connection or do you mean restart the device?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It cuts out after about 3-5 minutes of being conencted, though the laptop says it's still connected I cannot load any pages. After I restart it, it normally works fine although occassionally I'll have to restart it again. And by restart, I meant turning the Hotspot on and off and back on again.

I apologize if I haven't given enough information.

Highlighted
Master

In a connection to the hotspot there is two connection we are talking about   the connection from the  PC to the  device and the device to the internet.  It sounds as though the connection you are loosing may be the connection to the internet.   This is supported by the fact you are power cycling the phone.  Does this happen every time you use the hotspot or only some times.    The other strange part is no one else is reporting this problem.   You may want to consider resetting the device?  Do you know what software version is running on your device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your not alone my wife is having the same problem on her evo. Restarting is temp fix. There is something going on.

Highlighted

CdTHOMAS1212,

I am sorry to hear your Evo is dropping connection with the hotspot.  Can you provide cross streets of your location so that I am able to ensure there is not a network related issue that could be affecting your hotspot/data.  Also let me know if your internet connection on the device duplicates dropped connection. We may have to troubleshoot with your device also.

Please let me know!

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I find out the software version?

@Jazzygirl You want me to supply that info as well? If so, what does cross streets mean?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

meaning your zip code and the closest cross streets to where ever you usually are when this happens..no personal address.

hit menu-settings-scroll all the way to the bottom and hit about phone-and they will need your android version, your build which the newest is 5.07.651.1 710RD...and for giggles throw in your PRL version and PRI version

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

fnm442,

I apologize for my delayed reply.  I have been out of the office.  fireguy_6364 hit it on the nail.  Providing your cross streets to your location(s) allows me to better verify which network towers your device(s) are connecting to in order to better verify and narrow down the cause for your dropped connection.   Also with your software version, I can verify if you have the latest software for your Android OS, along with internal software that directly affects your device's connectivity to the network.  Please keep me posted!

Thanks fireguy_6364!  

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support 

Highlighted
Journeyman

zip code is 26505. closest roads are point marion road, stewartstown road, canyon road, and farmview road

IT's getting worse. I have to restart more times now it seems.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat