Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Just Called Me

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Just Called Me

So. I call Sprint today because I had questions about how exactly do I become a Premier Customer. During that talk, I did some probing about the 2.1 Update for my Hero... to no avail. I got a "The last update we got was the end of April, so most likely the first week in May.... not really nothing I didn't know.

To the REAL STORY. Less than a minute later(im assuming by coincedence) I get a call from a Sprint Rep asking me about my service and if everything is okay(Ive only been a customer since Nov 09) about 6months. She then mentions the EVO! and says that because I have been in good standing(I rather not eat that not pay that bill)... I would be eligible for a discount at a minimum of $200 off the actual price of the device.... I almost started crying lol

Her words "If the phone is around 400 or 300(I assume it would be more) full price for example you would get a discount of $200 MINIMUM" ..... I was like that sounds pretty damn good! lol. Because even though I do plan on getting the EVO, im not too sure about paying full price.

Anyone else got this call yet?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Just Called Me

I sure haven't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

NOPE, but Ive been a customer for 10years and under my "sprint premier page" I can get the discount of at least 150.00 off. So IDK??

Highlighted
Wizard

Did you get any other info about how you can claim the $200 discount when the time come?

In my case I am due for contract renewal (10/01/2009)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not that I'm trying to make fun of anyone, but if you give me your number I'll tell you that you can do a 1 to 1 trade at no cost.

All kidding aside, I find it strange that they would contact you and offer that rather than send it out to all premiere customers

Highlighted
Journeyman

My original thoughts exactly....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope, they never called me about EVO and I've been with Sprint for 6+ years....

Highlighted
Journeyman

H*ll, I've been with them for 14 years and havent heard of that

Journeyman

Thing about it is that It didn't seem like she was speaking about an EVO SPECIFIC promo... Sounded like It was something I happened

to qualify for. And I guess she mentioned the EVO to peak my interest in getting the phone by making sure I know I can use it towards that

phone in particular.

Also I am not even a Premier Customer .... yet. I was told May which would make my 6months.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you've been with Sprint for only 6 months you aren't elidgible for anything yet. After 6 months of ontime payments you become Premier, 1 year after that you are elidgible for the early upgrade meaning you get your 2 year discount ($150 or more) off the full price of any new phone you select. I would STRONGLY recomment going into a Corporate Sprint store for verification however as I am just speculating based off what you have said. But either way, the call sounds like a mistake to me. *_*

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone seen this from UnWiredView?

http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/04/27/sprints-htc-evo-4g-to-cost-199-on-contract/

Sounds good if true.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat