cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint TV and Video Playback is choppy and freezes, help please

Journeyman

Sprint TV and Video Playback is choppy and freezes, help please

Two days ago I had the Samsung Instinct. I tried to watch videos and tv on it but it was very choppy and froze every second. Frustrated, I decided to get the EVO but I'm having the same problems. My friend has the Samsung Vibrant from T-mobile, I watched Avatar on her phone and it looked so good. No skipping or freezing or anything. So why am I having skipping, freezing and choppy video with my Evo with Sprint? Is it the sprint network? How can I fix this? I called sprint yesterday and the rep did a refresh, that did not help at all!!!  I'm almost ready to cancel my sprint services. Please help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Sprint TV and Video Playback is choppy and freezes, help please

Sprint TV is live or pre-recorded programs delivered over the Sprint 3G network.  They, by necessity of the network, are small size, highly compressed videos.  You will see some blockiness or chopiness as you watch Sprint TV.

The Avatar movie your friend showed you on their T-Mobile phone is a locally loaded, stored on the phone movie.  It has minimal compression and a resolution far larger that we can support with network delivered programming.

There is no comparison between Sprint TV and a movie stored on the phone.

It's kind of like this -- Sprint TV is listening to a concert over the radio.  Content stored on the phone is like going to the concert hall.  While it's the same material, you can't compare it.

Make sense?

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint TV and Video Playback is choppy and freezes, help please

When I'm watching CNN videos (not on sprint tv) or youtube I"m having the same problems is that why? And is Sprint working on something to improve their TV performance?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat