Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint and Android

Journeyman

Sprint and Android

I just read about the new Sprint 4G EVO phone, which looks like the best possible phone announced as of yet.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-is-sprints-android-powered-knight-in-superphone-armo/

I have said this before but want to reiterate my thoughts.  Besides the Nexus One (which Sprint is about to get) and the Droid (which got delayed) Sprint is about to become the first carrier to fully update their line of Android phones to the 2.1 firmware, except for the Moto i1 (which moto has not updated any of their phones except the Droid).  This and the fact that Sprint is going to have the 2 best Android phones on the market is going to make Sprint the premiere Android cell phone carrier.

I hope Sprint can accomplish this and then take it to heart and really make themselves the go to company for Android devices.  Really the Droid is the only Android phone that will be able to compete with Sprint's offerings very soon.

Of course the Nexus One gets its own special category since it is essentially carrier independent.

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

I was very excited about this phone until I seen the Samsung Galaxy S. At first the Samsung didn’t look that great to me but then looking closer at the AMOLED screen and the amount of internal storage it has, which is 16GB, I realized it has some better features than the HTC. My biggest complaint about HTC’s past phones is the lack of internal storage they always put on them, especially on the Androids since you can’t install apps to SD. It really irrates me that you can get 32GB’s of storage on something as small as a microSD card but yet HTC can’t find the room for 16GB’s of storage in a phone this large!! At least HTC finally put 1GB on one of their phones but in this day and age that’s still not cutting it in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong I do think this is a great phone over all, and I’ll probably get it if the Galaxy S doesn’t come to Sprint, but I just think HTC could do a little better with something as simple as internal storage. With Samsung and other competitors coming out with phones like this HTC better stay on their toes!!

Journeyman

Indications are that the Galaxy S will be on AT&T, but I cant imagine the Moment 2 will be that far off the Galaxy in terms of specs, though at this point we have no details to confirm that.

Message was edited by: HunterA3

Journeyman

I think that the only thing the Galaxy has over it is the smaller, AMOLED screen. Its still big and everything, but I like HTC's build quality better. Not to mention that it has everything you could ever want in a phone besides the AMOLED. The memory thing is being worked on actively at Google. Expect to see it in the next major release. Once you can put apps on your SD card, you'll be good to go. Also, on my iPod, I rarely had more than 1gig of apps, and usually I cleaned a bunch of those out because I never used them. Basically, if you just keep apps that you actually use, 1 gig minus the system footprint, should be plenty. Once they add apps on SD, then you can keep all the apps you want. Anyways, the Samsung is also a good device, and since it isn't an iPhone, be my guest! I'm not worried what phone's people have, though I hope fewer and fewer buy iPhone. Android ftw!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat