cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no Android 2.2 update. Anyone else still without?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no Android 2.2 update. Anyone else still without?

Called Sprint 3 times. Was switched to HTC tech support two times. No one can tell me definitively why I can't get the update. Nor, can either company offer up a solution other than wait. Anyone else having problems getting the 2.2 update and if yes what are you doing about it?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Still no Android 2.2 update. Anyone else still without?

I assume that you have (or they had you) check manually for the update through menu -> settings -> system updates -> HTC software update. 

I have not had any issues with the update, but here is something you might try.  Try resetting your phone to factory defaults.  You will want to backup any settings, data, applications, and media that you have on it first.  Here is a link with instructions on how to do it.  After you have reset your phone, then go and check for the update manually and see if your Evo finds the update.

Highlighted
Master

Service and Repair locations should now be able to manually update the phones OTW instead of waiting for the OTA update. So that is an option. I would try a reset though removing everything and seeing if that fixes the issue though, then you don't have to wait in line at the store and leave the phone for the update.

Another option, although not ideal, but available. You could install the leaked unofficial update from one of the many sites around the net, and the OTA update to bring that unofficial version back in line with the regular updates has been released already. It is not ideal obviosuly, but is an option.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a new stock phone that has not been rooted. I have reset the phone, updated the PRL's, and searched manually every hour on the hour, still shows no update available for this phone. Unfortunately, I am too far right now to get to a Sprint store where I can leave my phone for the update (which no has suggested I do anyway). The disappointing thing is the attitude of both Sprint and HTC. No one knows how to address the issue. They have basically just told me to wait and see what happens. If I get it I get it and if I don't well so what.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat