cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no MMS on my EVO

Journeyman

Still no MMS on my EVO

After 3 weeks of no MMS messages and spending 2 hours on the phone with Sprint Support I still cannot send or receive MMS mesages. It always ends with a generic network error. The wierd thing is my wife's phone, (an Evo too) doesn't have this problem. I haven't downloaded any new Apps in the last three weeks so I don't know what could have caused it to stopp working. Anyone have a problem sending or recieving MMS messages?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Still no MMS on my EVO

Have you tried doing a hard-reset? I'm sure that would clear it up

Journeyman

I have had the same issue for about 2 months now. Sprint has been absolutley no help, neither have the stores. My wifes craptacular Samsung Moment has no issues with MMS but my super dooper, latest technology, this is the best thing since sliced bread EVO from Sprint and HTC cant send or recieve a simple picture. And...to add insult to injury i recieve notice from Sprint yesterday that i am being forced to change plans to this new $169 a month plan. So now i have a phone with reduced functionality and have to pay Sprint $40 more a month for the priviledge of a broken EVO. I only stayed with Sprint  because they offered the best deals now i have a crappy phone and the same bill as tthe other carriers. Guess im getting an iPhone, after 10 years goodbye Sprint!

Journeyman

yes, i am having the same problem. i had to change my phone number and ever since I did no mms for me. Im sure doing a hard reset would possibly clear this up, but i dont want to loose all my apps and data, especially since i have no other problems with email, web, video, anything else voice or data related. I called sprint and was on the phone with them today, for the 3rd time and they were no help. I love my evo, and i know its not the evo, and after reprograming my phone and it still didnt work the sprint phone rep promptly hung up on me.

Try a few other things before hard resetting

- clear the cash and data on the messages app in applications settings. this has worked for some people. This will reset all your settings on the message app, but if it works its worth taking the 2 mins to set it back up.

- while the phone is on pull the battery out and let it sit for 2 mins. if android is writing any data when you turn the phone off it saves it, but when you just yank the bat out it doesnt have time to save any thing and then after a few mins the memory is cleared out. this has worked for some.

I posted the same question on the android central forums, you can follow that here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/76389-changed-phone-number-now-have-mms-issues.html

You can also try putting in the APN information it self instead of having the phone auto do it, but i have yet to find that information to see if putting it in would by pass a database some where that is messed up.

if i dont get a response on the message board by wednesdayish, i will probably call the android central podcast and leave a message. so maybe listen to the podcast on friday to see if they answer any questions on mms. =)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat