ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TECH SERVICE AT SPRINT STORE NOT HELPFULL!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had my HTC EVO in Sprint Store Tech service overnight because it was constantly restarting randomly.  The next day when I picked up my phone the tech told me they reinstalled my OS and had to wipe the SD card and lost my info.  When I got it home and proceeded to Setup on the phone and started to input my email accounts,the phone again restarted.  I had picked up my phone from the Sprint store on 8/25/11.

I then went on the internet and found out that there was a software update,Gingerbread, which was never installed by the Techs at the Sprint store.  You would think that they would have done this since they should have a knowledge base and check the softare information on the phone.  I installed the update and it seems to be a little more stable but, I noticed that when using the phone for a period of time like about 10 to 15 minutes the phone will get warm to hot, it will still randomly restart. I hope Sprint or HTC resolves this problem soon.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

unfortunately, I believe this is all the techs are really trained to do. If your problem doesn't exist within their troubleshooting matrix, they will just wipe/reflash and give it back to you and hope that fixes your issue. I'm not sure if this is because the techs have limited training, or if that is all they are "required" to do by Sprint.

Either way, it leads to a poor experience for the customer.

GrandMaster

i havent had the random restart issue but i have noticed that after the last MR my phone seems to warm up alot faster while being used. didnt do this before or if it did it took alot longer than it does now.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat