cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not sequencing correctly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Text messages not sequencing correctly

Anyone else having issues with text messages sequencing out of order?   I called 611 Sprint support to see if there was a fix in the works and was told that they showed no record of this kind of problem.  I've read about this on several other sites so how is Sprint not aware of the issue?   Just because it doesn't appear on the Sprint site, doesn't mean it's not happening.   It was happening infrequently before the gingerbread update, now it happens almost all the time on my phone AND my husband's EVO 4G.   For example:  To start my day today I exchanged 7 text messages with a client.   My messages if numbered #1-7 actually show on my phone in this order:  3,5,7,6,1,2,4.   Seriously!   Whenever a new message arrives, I have to review all of my stream to figure out which one is the new one.  And the timestamps are random.  I've sent a text and received an immediate response that had a timestamp showing hours later.  Is there a fix in the works?  This is beyond annoying and inconvenient at this point!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

There is another update that fixes netflix and voicemail notifications and other issues.  I havn't personally had an out of order text issue since that update.  You can see if you have it by going to home/menu/settings/system updates/htc software update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.  Checked it and it says I'm up to date. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the issue only when I'm roaming with my texts being the correct time (start at 9:30am) but the response is wrong (starting at 3:30pm).  Just did an update on the phone so hopefully it fixed the issue.  I'll know this week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I experience the text out of order issue on my Evo also.  But it appears mostly when I'm roaming.  The roaming carrier's time is off and cuases my text order to get wonky.  Can be very annoying, but I've just learned to live with it.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if youre using the stock text app its a known issue through google. only choices for now is either a 3rd party text app like handcent or gosms. might even try the "sms time fix"

this has actually been ongoing for quite a while now. but its not a constant thing

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

I really hate the new (0001/0002) instead of just (1/2), etc.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat