cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages with attachments/pics will not download

Journeyman

Text messages with attachments/pics will not download

My HTC Evo had been working fine but about a week ago, whenever anyone sends me a text with any kind of attachment--video, pic, whatever, get an error, Message not downloaded, unknown error. If I go look at the text, there is a Download button there. Tapping the download button just causes the same error.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

3 REPLIES
Master

Re: Text messages with attachments/pics will not download

The first step is to power cycle the phone.  Confirm you have open memory on the device and try again.   If you are still having trouble you may want to consider doing a factory reset on the device.  The reset normally clears the issue.

Journeyman

Power cycling did not help, and I have a ton of available memory. Doing a factory reset will clear all data on the device, will it not? Not sure I want to take that approach, seems pretty drastic. Might just take the phone in to my local Sprint store and see if they can do anything with it...

GrandMaster

seeing as how attachments/pics are sent/received over data then i would guess its possibly that. when youre trying to use the browser is it slow or quick? download the speedtest.net app and run a test to see what your speeds are.

also when i say data i mean over the 3G/4G... not wifi

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.