cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging

Journeyman

Text messaging

I was one of the people who updated their phones last week and now I have problems pulling people up to text or check an incoming text from.  I am pulling up random people, sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 tries to pull up the text I am selecting.  

Anyone else having this problem or know if there is a fix?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Text messaging

apparently some users are reporting that the sensitivity increase after the update may cause this issue, but apparently its a rare problem.  Some have said that using the handcent app fixes this problem. I don't seem to have this issue so theres no telling if this will actually work to fix your issue but I'd give it a shot.

Journeyman

I'm having what I think is the same issue - it drives me insane. There's a spot on the left side of the screen, about half-way down, that constantly has "phantom select" problem. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, what app I am using, it will randomly select whatever is in that part of the screen.

On the home screens, I have to keep the spot that's affected empty or it will always launch the app that's placed there (the the left position in the second row).

I think it started a few weeks ago, after the software update - I hope it's just a software issue.

Journeyman

Mine has been doing the same thing. I nearly sent a text to the wrong person because it pulled the wrong name up even though the text was no where near where i was selecting. This is really annoying when you spend over $300 on a phone. I also have issues as texts will come in, and it wont notify me if i am typing a new text. So  i wont even know if someone responded. really annoying. Sprint please fix this.

Journeyman

Most of these issues are attributed to the crappy Sense UI that runs on these phones.  I really wish the Evo ran standard android.  It would not only be faster, it would also be updated more frequently and more up-to-date (maybe even have Froyo by now).  I would say this is not Sprints fault, but HTCs, since they decided to force us to use this garbage overlay.

Journeyman

As a follow up: I thought maybe the 2.2 update could help, but it did nothing for the problem I was having. And the issue seemed to be getting worse and worse for me, to the point where the phone was just extremely difficult to use. I took it into a Sprint repair center. The phone was wiped clean, but the problem remained - it appears it is a hardware issue, not any kind of software issue. So the phone was replaced.

Highlighted
Patron

I got a response from HTC about this issue.  Apparently there is a memory problem with the message application.  Once you exceed a certain number of texts there is a memory error that causes the software to select the wrong contact.  They did not tell me what was the SMS/MMS limit.  They simply said they were aware of the issue and I should try deleting my text messages.  There was no mention of a fix.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat