cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time off by Five Minutes

SOLVED
Journeyman

Time off by Five Minutes

The time is exactly five minutes slow, on my phone. I have reset world clock, and tried different links, but the phone consistently shows time five minutes behind computer, TV, and Radio time. Why? What's up? For years I've used a cell phone instead of a watch. No more. Extreme frustration.

3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Time off by Five Minutes

I had same issue but mine was off 6 mins, nothing helped with mine either, just resolved on its own.  I mentioned it on facebook to other users and they thought I was on drugs.

Sorry this is no resolution to the issue but know that you're not alone

Journeyman

Time off by Five Minutes

OK - I found the problem.   (Possibly after the update) the option to automatically use network-provided values was not checked, so the time showing on the phone not only could be but needed to be set manually. A Date and Time setting. Now corrected.

GrandMaster

Time off by Five Minutes

keep it on manual. there is a known issue with the times being off with the phone. something with google if i remember right. same issue will eventually cause your texts to have a different time stamped than the actual time on the phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************