cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Contacts

Journeyman

Transferring Contacts

Currently have a Blackberry 8350i. Is there a method to transfer all my contacts to and HTC EVO 4G?

24 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Transferring Contacts

I got my EVO from  The Shack and right after they switched my number over I took it to the Sprint Store. They transfered all my contacts no problem. I dont think it matters what phone you have. They have all the connections to transfer. Thats what I did. Good luck

Journeyman

yes... get google sync app for your blackberry. when you set up google on your evo bam they're there

Journeyman

I was told at Radio shack there were instructions on how to transfer your contacts on the website.

But I have yet to find them.

I had an Instinct before this and it backed up my contacts online. But I can't find anything on downloading them to my EVO.

Anyone know where to find the intructions or how to send them back to the EVO?

Journeyman

to send your contacts TO your EVO 4g FROM your Instinct.

1. Connect your instinct and evo 4g via bluetooth and add the evo to your trusted devices on the instinct.

2. On your instinct navigate the following menus main page, settings, bluetooth, tusted devices

3. select the evo 4g or "PC36100" from the list then on the following "Transfer" menu select "Contacts"

3. Pick to either send "All Contacts" or "Select Contacts"

all your contacts will be sent to your Evo 4g but some formatting in the names may be lost if you use a middle name and maybe some other

formatting errors because the instinct only uses 1 field for the name and the Evo uses 2 fields for first and last name.

Enjoy your evo

Journeyman

Awesome !!!!! This Work Perfect !!!! I BLuetooth both phones and that was it. !!!!

Journeyman

Thanks for this! Used this technique to transfer to a Samsung Moment tonight.

Journeyman

hi wouls anyone be able to help me find a way to transfer all my contacts from the HTC EVO to a different phone to have as a backup via bluetooth or could i save all my contacts to the SD card and then transfer the card to a different phone????

Sprint Product Ambassador

Google is your friend.  If you have your contacts synced with your Google account you can go to http://contacts.google.com/ and select all contacts, click 'Export' in the top right and download a CSV or vCard file of all your contacts.

Journeyman

THANK YOUUUUUUUU

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.