cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble setting up work email microsoft owa with evo

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trouble setting up work email microsoft owa with evo

I am having trouble setting up my work email on my evo. I was able to send and receive on my nextel blackberry no problem. I managed to get my evo to receive emails, but I could not send out. (Gmail works great) I tried deleting the account and setting it up again. I keep getting "your microsoft exchange server account does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings." I know my server address and domain name and such is correct. I can't even get it to let me view them again. My work uses microsoft outlook web access. Can someone help? I've found ton of stuff out there saying yes and no and bashing sprint or the evo. There must be a way to set it up, it's too popular of a phone and email for them not to be compatible. Thanks for help!

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Trouble setting up work email microsoft owa with evo

BIS or BES (what was used on the Blackberry) is a different setup than ActiveSync.  That error indicates you may not have the ActiveSync permission flag on your Exchange account.

Check with your Messaging admin team to see if you need to have ActiveSync permissions set for your Exchange account.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat