cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sync my Evo with my laptop

Journeyman

I cannot sync my computer with my evo. I have the HTC Sync downloaded on my computer. I have the USB cord attached and in fact the phone shows that it is charging off the cord, however, now no notification comes up allowing me to sync the phone and comp. i have gone through the settings and it says under the sync to computer to notify me when the usb is attached and all the settings are correct according to my call with Sprint earlier today. What do I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

I would suggest your to uninstall the HTC Sync SW from the pc and reboot pc. Download the sw from http://www.htc.com/us/support/evo-sprint/downloads/. (HTC SYNC 3.0.5579 FOR HTC EVO™ 4G (SPRINT) | 09.27.2011).

Check the settings on your phone. Under "Connect to PC" and make sure there is a checkmark 1. Press Menu- Settings > Applications > Development. 2. Make sure the USB debugging check box is selected. Connect your device to the computer with the supplied USB cable, press and hold the status bar and drag your finger down to open the Notifications panel. Then tap the status that shows Select to change USB connection type. On the Connect to PC screen in your device, tap HTC Sync and then tap Done.

Journeyman

I did everything you stated, thank you very much. However, there is still no notification that pops up on my phone or in the notifications panel. Ive tried to restart comp and phone and redo the connecting phone to pc again, but still no success. Debuggin is checked and connect to pc is checked. other tips please?? thanks a ton!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat