cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Tethering error

Journeyman

USB Tethering error

So I have the EVO (hw v0004, latest software build) and was going to try out the USB tethering, but I wound up getting the error 67 message code. It said my username/password was incorrect.

If I understand correctly, since we pay the "Premium Data" fee, that allows us to tether directly to our computer via USB, am I correct or no?

Has anyone else run into this before, and how did you resolve it? I ran a profile and prl update, and it still did not solve the issue.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

USB Tethering error

i got the same error on my epic 4g. there is nothing wrong with your phone its sprint. they "fixed a bug" that allowed you to use the tethering and hotspot feature before but if you want to utilize these features now you've got to pay 29.99 per month. i was under this misleading impression that the tethering part was free. a sprint rep even confirmed that i should be getting this feature for free, guess she was wrong!!!!

Journeyman

Re: USB Tethering error

Apparently you have to get the 30 dollar tethering add-on to enable this feature...no dice for me. Of course, there are ways around it.

PS - Sprint Admins, I really like the new forum layout. It's much cleaner and easier to navigate. Just speed the servers up a bit. Connection is still behind, but the forum looks good!

Sprint Product Ambassador

USB Tethering error

Correct - you need the Hotspot Plan Addon on your account ($29.99) to use the Evo, Epic, Optimus as a Hot Spot or tether it to your computer. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

USB Tethering error

Thanks for confirming that for me. Again, kudos on the new forum look. I really like it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat