cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ughhh Worst Phone ever!!!!

Journeyman

Ughhh Worst Phone ever!!!!

I upgraded from a Blackberry Curve to a HTC Evo 4G almost 2 yrs ago & I thought it was the best thing that I ever did. Noooooo this phone is the worst phone I've ever had. After about 6 months of having the phone my phone would no longer charging. I took my phone into the store & they tell me its my charging port which is not repairable. I would have to call Sprint to file an insurance claim, ok but I have no phone to do this. My cellphone is the only phone that I have. So I then asked do they give out loaner phones until you receive your phone back they basically laughed in my face. I went to the store to buy a prepaid phone just to make this insurance claim. I was then told I had a $150 deductible. I didn't break the phone why did I have to pay the deductible and why so much?? I did everything to get me a new phone. Finally received my phone $150 refurbished phone and I'm satisfied so I thought. Months later the same problem is happening again back the Sprint store I go. I had to take my phone to the repair store 3 times before they finally tell me I need a new phone .I can't wait until I'm able to upgrade to a different phone cause 3 phones within 2 yrs is not a good thing!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Ughhh Worst Phone ever!!!!

Is the cable loose when you plug it in? If it is you might be being too rough. The ports are not as tough as a blackberry or an iPhone. If its not loose, then you might just have dirt in it. Try to clean it out with a cotton swab and a really small amount of rubbing alcohol. But make sure not to try charging the phone again until the port is 100% dry.

Wizard

If you have the same problem on 3 different phones in 2 years then this is a use problem NOT a phone problem.

If you are jamming the plug in or yanking it out (Either way with force) then the connection will not last. On the same token if you drop it for have it plugged in with the cord being stretched it will break the connector.. These are all common sense things here.

My daughter has do this same thing to here phone. BTW I've had the same EVO for 2 year without issue and I know several others also that don't have problems because they take care of what they have.

Journeyman

Hmmm thanks for the advice but from the forum about the "HTC Evo charging port issues" I am not the only person with this problem. It seems to be something defective with the phones.I am never rough when plugging & unplugging my charger. I also know of several people that have had the same issue with their Evo.

GrandMaster

as many complaints as there were in there maybe half (if not less) than that was actually a soldering defect. plus you cant go by the size if that thread since alot of the people that posted did it quite a few times..the majority of that thread turned into a small soap opera lol..

however one of the main causes for the port failure was the phone being used while it was charging..normally not a big deal but when you have the phone on its side there is already pressure pulling down on that cord...which is doing the same on the port..

and same as ALynch40 im still rolling the original evo...only charging issues i have had was due to the cord itself...which now i have 3 of thanks to amazon lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat