cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play this type of audio file

Journeyman

Unable to play this type of audio file

Before 2.2, I was able to natively play the voicemail that our Exchange server attaches to e-mails as wav files. Once I applied 2.2, it now reports that it is unable to play this type of audio file.

Does anyone know why the built in player can no longer play these wav files?

Tags (2)
27 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Unable to play this type of audio file

Same here.  It worked fine previously.

Journeyman

try a different player. i like double twist

Journeyman

I've tried DoubleTwist, and some others, but cannot find an application that will play the WAV file now. I read on other forums that Remote Wave works, but that is a paid application of which I would rather not purchase just to find out it doesn't work.

Our phone system is Cisco and it comes through as a Unity Messaging System that use to work fine with Android 2.1.

Journeyman

when you buy a paid app in the market, you have 24 hours to return it for a refund. so buy it and see if it works. if not, click the "uninstall and refund" button

Journeyman

I may try the application, but I am still wondering why the functionality quit working with 2.2.

Journeyman

I installed remote wav and it appears to be working fine.  It is not very robust, but it does work.  I use Cisco Unifiied Messaging with Exchange as well.

Journeyman

Thanks for getting back and letting everyone know that Remote Wave works.

I am still trying to determine why the stock player quit playing this file as a result of 2.2, and if it is going to be fixed.

Does anyone know more about this?

Journeyman

I use Vonage and it was a great thing to get my voicemails forwarded right to the phone, but as of 2.2 their .wav files do not work either.  NOTHING aggravates me more then when an "upgrade" REMOVES features.  I would also like to know if this is going to be addressed.

Don Slevin

Journeyman

Let me know if you make any progress trying to get this reported as an issue. I have been trying to do so with htc, but not making much progress. I even offered to give them a sample wav that played before the 2.2 update.