cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play this type of audio file

Journeyman

Re: Unable to play this type of audio file

Admin... we are not given the option to play as a PCM file. Nor are we given an option as to how the file is saved... It's extremely frustrating to be given suggestions for possible solutions without knowledge of whether or not this is a viable solution. Please research your solution suggestions before suggesting them... This is not a solution to our problem!

Journeyman

Also wanted to mention that audiobooks that are m4a would receive this message as well. Worked fine before the 2.2 update.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Has anyone found any other 3rd party player, besides the $2.98 Remove Wave, to play the WAV files until the issue is resolved?

Journeyman

It's been a few weeks since anyone has posted and I am having the same problem.  A friend of mine works for HTC and I send him a wav file (a voicemail from work from our exchange server) and he promises to look into it.  In the meantime, I am not able to play any voicemails and am having to call into the office (during working hours only) to check messages.  Some music files do not play either.  This is definitley the same problem everyone else is having.  Any solutions besides buying an app?

Journeyman

I do not know of any updates to a resolution, nor do I know of any other working program except for Remote Wave that has a fee.

I have been holding out for a maintenance release to fix the issue.

If anyone has a working solution, I too would appreicate knowing what it is.

Journeyman

I am wondering if anyone has found a workaround, or possibly has any insight on a potential patch release?

Journeyman

Ultimately I gave up...they don't really care so I ponied up the $3 for Remote Wave which works flawlessly...kinda burns my a$$ that I had to and also that the 2.2 upgrade has made the phone 'flakier' as well...touch screen not as responsive and so on...

Oh well...

Wizard

This is caused by a limitation in Froyo that HTC is going to have to code around.  HTC is aware of the issue and the fix will be included in a future maintenance release.  I don't have a timeline for when the maintenance release will be available but wanted everyone to know it's been officially recognized as a known issue.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply to let us know that they are aware of it and that a resoultion should be on a future maintenance release.

Please let us know if you hear of a target release date.

Wizard

Target dates are typically not communicated as there are any number of things that could happen up through the release date...and then there's alot of confusion because customers thought it was going to be available but isn't.   HTC and Sprint are working on a maintenance release for the EVO now.  This next release won't include the fix for the WAV file, but it is planned for the one after...it was a timing 'thing'.   

When an MR becomes available, I post it as a featured thread in the specific device forum.

Journeyman

dshoem01:

Thank you for taking the time to bring us up to date. It is disappointing to hear that it is scheduled for the second maintenance release instead of the next one.

As I do not know all the detials behind the scenes, it would be appreciated if you could let the folks know that this is an issue to a lot of business users as voicemail comes through via unsupported WAV attachments now. Perhaps, they coudl reconsider the release of the fix and get it on the next MR.

For others: I did find a free player, Rock Player, that did play the wav attachment. However, it cut off the first few seconds and in my brief test it wouldn't play the file more than once. I'd need to spend some more time with Rock Player and the wav attachments.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!