cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data plan ending 12 -31 - 11 ?????

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to know if anyone else got a letter in the mail stating that Sprint will be discontinuind the unlimited data plans on December 31, 2011?  What is even more strange is, tv commercials are saying unlimited data for $69 a month!  The thing is, that is what I pay + $10 more for the unlimited data plan.  So, first of all, anyone get the same letter?  and 2, is Sprint going to real in millions of new customers with the Unlimited data plans commercials, then drop the bomb on them about unlimited data usage stopping on 12-31-11?  That would not be very good for new customers thinking they will have unlimited data, then get a notice that December 12 - 31 11, all unlimited data will be discontinued?

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Master

They are not ending the Phone Unlimited data plans, That letter is informing you that they are ending the "Premier Program"

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/76398?start=0&tstart=0

Also their latest commercials are advertising the ED450 plan at $79.99

Wizard

Re: Unlimited data plan ending 12 -31 - 11 ?????

No i have not got a letter in the mail about Sprint is discontinuind unlimited data plans.Sprint just came out with the new plans it starting on 11-13-2011 to 03-10-2012 so no i didn't get the letter about that.Sprint is still going to have it's unlimited data plans.

Sprint Product Ambassador

You will continue to get unlimited on-handset data - we're the only carrier that still offers unlimited data use on the handset.

What we're stopping is unlimited data on the mobile broadband cards and through the Hotspot feature on your Evo. 

If you don't use the Hotspot feature on your Evo, and don't have a mobile broadband card, nothing is changing for you.

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

wingland wrote:

If you don't use the Hotspot feature on your Evo, and don't have a mobile broadband card, nothing is changing for you.

However, if you DO have a mobile broadband card, bend over, close your eyes, because Sprint has a 12 inch special surprise for you!!

Thank GOD I ditched my Sprint MiFi hotspot card last year and went with Virgin Broadband2Go, which IS unlimited. Sure they drop your speed after about 2.5Gb (5Gb on the grandfarthered plan I'm still on), but at least it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to go over your cap like it does now with Sprint.

When it comes to Mobile Broadband: Sprint = Verizon = AT&T

Journeyman

I use the mobile hotspot feature all the time to connect my iPad and Laptop.  How much will sprint be charging for the data, and will there still be the $30 charge just to have the hotspot on my Evo? Oh dear, this is one of the reasons I have Sprint. I did not get that letter.

p.s. This plan is kind of crazy, because I'll just stop using my hotspot feature and pay the $10 a month to Verizon to connect my iPad.

Journeyman

My Unlimited 4G data plan ended 11/23.

They said they sent an email, I missed it.

Today, I just got a text informing me that my sprint mobile hotspot number is over limit

According to my Sprint current usage, my account shows:

Sprint 4G data-11/23 - 11/23

336,689KB/         Remaining

Unlimited             Unlimited

Sprint 3G/4G data

8,204,113KB/      Remaining   0KB       Additional used 2,910,003

5,294.080 KB Included                            Additional charge $142.07

After 45 minutes of talking with 3-4 different sprint reps, I ended up with a canx 2 year contract on $49.99 unlimited 4G hotspot plan, and they waived the overage amount. I can sell the Hotspot after the end of my billing cycle.

Back to Boingo for now.

Very unhappy about this!!!

Journeyman

Ok, reading through a bunch of this.  Still confused though.  I have a Galaxy S.  Does this mean I am using a mobile broadband card every time I stream data?  Or am I missing something here?

Wizard

EkaJoti,

If you're accessing data on your phone it's still unlimited, if it's through your phone to another device like an iPad or laptop, then it's changing. So if you're just streaming a Youtube video on your phone it's still unlimited.

Journeyman

So what happens if you DO use the hotspot feature on the phone? I am paying $10 extra a month for my HTC EVO 4g phone AND $30.00 extra to use the hotspot feature. Do we know what the new rates and limits are going to be? May be time to switch to Verizon after having been with Sprint for 8+ years.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat