cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock the screen on your HTC EVO 4G

Journeyman

Unlock the screen on your HTC EVO 4G

On my HTC EVO I have forgotten the pattern on the screen lock.  What do I do?

DJ Ferrell

3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Unlock the screen on your HTC EVO 4G

Return the phone to its owner and ask him/her.

After too many failed attempts, your EVO will become locked.  At that point it will ask you to put in your gmail username and password.  If you dont know your gmail username and or password, you may have to reset your device.  another option is if you have sent any email to any of your friends you can always have them let you know what your gmail address is and you can try to reset your password:  here is the link to go to to reset your gmail password:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery?continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fhl%3Den%2....

If you dont know the gmail username and or password, here are the steps to reset your device:

Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Journeyman

I personally like the "return it to it's rightful owner and let them unlock it" remark. Maybe a thumb print reader would solve both issues...  -- Sharon

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.