Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the software version on your HTC EVO 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update the software version on your HTC EVO 4G

I have the HTC Evo 4G phone with the 3.29.651.5 software number. I am trying to update my software to 3.70.651.5, but my phone will not update through the HTC software update.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you for your assistance. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Patron

if your positive there is a update availble you can try a factory reset though that wil wipe all your apps and unsynced contacts...or check that your profile and prl are updaed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have not heard of any update for the evo...are u sure that there is one?? and if so please let me kno when and if its available cause im heavily into my evo and any software update we get and i kno i havent heard anyone mentiining it..but i definitely kno that we will be getting the gingerbread update in the summer, right after the evo 3d comes out..so be ready cause i heard its really nice..but sorry i cudnt help you but maybe if u do find out about this update u can email me ok??? thnk u and good luck..

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's the update from earlier this year. It's not new.

@JRODGERS25   I'd take it to a store and let them load it. Sometimes my Evo sees my computer, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if a hard reset would trigger the over-the-air upgrade again or now. Have you tried checking firmware through settings and getting it OTA?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had an EVO since launch day and to me the 3.29.xx.xx verison of software was the best release. If you are on it and have the option to stay on it, i would stay on it.

Srint added more BloatWare and after the 3.70.xx.xx update my device seemed to go down hill. I have also gone back to factory stock and hard reset the device with no luck. I am trying to find a way to take my device back to 3.29.xx.xx

Highlighted
Journeyman

3.70.651.5 was the software update that crashed the streaming functionality of our EVOs! Why would you want to update your EVO with that software? For months now, I've gotten the same runaround that a fix for this fix is in the works. So this along with all the 2.3/2.4 anticipation comes along with this phone. Unfortunately, the tech at Best Buy updated my phone's software for me (without asking me first) prior to handing it to me. It was already with 2.2 but the software version was outdated, hence, he updated it with 3.70.651.5

Highlighted
GrandMaster

3.70.651.5? is that a newer version? the last one i recieved was the 3.70.651.1 which is still on my phone. i wonder if the .5 is the fixed version possibly?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

My software is the same version as yours, wonder what this .5 version is?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

not a clue. just tried to update everything and it said no updates available....weird. unless it was a typo and was supposed to be the .1.

either that or its something that has to be pushed through a sprint store which i really hope its not. ive seen enough of them in the last few months lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat