cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating software

Highlighted
Journeyman

Updating software

Everytime I try to check for software updates, it gets stuck on checking.  I am on an old software program so I know that I need to update but I need to know how to do it from my PC.  I don't understand why my phone isn't telling me that I need updates

3 REPLIES

Updating software

penelopie01,

There is no way to update the software from your PC to your HTC EVO.  You will need to perform the update from Menu > Settings > System Updates > HTC software update > check now. 4.67.651.3 is the current version.  You can verify what version your on by going to Menu > Settings > About phone > Software information.

I would highly recommend that you are connected to either Wifi or 4g service when checking and installing the update.  This should take care of the getting stuck part that you are experiencing.  

Thanks,

-Ron

Journeyman

Updating software

I do not have 4G in my area but I have tried it though Wi-fi.  It just sits there and says checking but never finds anything.  I have let it sit there, walk away from it, do other things and come back to the same thing.

GrandMaster

Updating software

power cycle your phone.(pull the battery for at least 2 minutes, hold down the power button for a few seconds, put battery back in and power up) and then try to search for the updates.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.