cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to a HTC EVO 4G for free after only a couple months of being a spring customer ?? WTH!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgrade to a HTC EVO 4G for free after only a couple months of being a spring customer ?? WTH!

Two of my friends recieved HTC EVOs for free with an eligible upgrade after only being Sprint customers for less than a year.  My question is this, Why as a srpint customer for over six years am I not eligible to recieve a phone like the HTC EVO 4G for free at the time of my upgrade?  My husband and I have both been loyal Sprint customers, but have yet to recieve and special promotions such as this.  Its unfair to hear of other srpint customers recieveing special promotions after only being a customer for only a couple of months, when as a six year loyal customer we havent ever recieved any speical promotions at all.  I am not trying to sound like a child, I just think it would be nice to recieve a speicl promotion, such as a free HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO SHIFT, etc. when we are eligible for upgrades seeing as we are Sprint Premier Silver customers. 

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL the Evo is not all its cracked up to be! I am a new customer and I have it. I got it for free at Bestbuy because Bestbuy does not require you to pay the rebate on the phone. Well anyway all of my friends get service inside my home but my Evo gets no bars and drops calls. So don't feel bad. Tried replacing it and it has been a nightmare!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for this information.  I will start looking at other phones because I do not want to pay over $300 for a new phone even after the upgrade discount and the phone not work well.  What about Blackberry Curve?  Is it a good phone?

Thank you

Highlighted
Master

I can certainly understand your feelings.   I am not sure what may have happened either.   I am not aware of any discounts that are available for customers that have been with Sprint less than one year.  The only time this might happen would be something  like we recently did with the Photon  where we selected a very small number of people form the forums to test the new device.  At one year a customer there is a rebate available and depending on the status of the account this could be for 75 or 150 dollars of the price of the device This is deducted at time of sale.  There may be other rebates available from the manufactures of the device.   I do Know that there have been incentives by 3rd party retailers that has reduce the price of the device well below normal cost.  This is generally for starting a new line of service however.  Without further information I can not shed additional light on this issue.   Is the BlackBerry curve a good phone?

I personally have had two Curves the 8330 and the 8530  I did not have any problems with either device.  I currently have a 9670 blackberry Style.   So I would say it is a good phone.   Blackberry has a very loyal following.   On the flip side I have seen comments from individuals who would not agree.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks you for your reply about the blackberry.    I am planning on making an appointment at my local sprint sotre to upgrade my phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat